Thread: Motorrad Elektrik stuff

Douglas Williams
    I bought a glass mat battery a few years ago from Rick and replaced the voltage regulator and battery tender to accomodate the new battery. Three years later and all is well.

Yup!

Plug and play. I have the charging system, the LED tail light and the nifty little LED work lite from Rick.

I had an issue with one of his diode boards and Rick replaced it quickly for no charge.

That is what service is supposed to be like.

If there is a better, more reliable vendor than Rick at Motorrad Elektrik I haven't met him or her. Period!!
    Paul Glaves - "Big Bend", Texas U.S.A
    "The greatest challenge to any thinker is stating the problem in a way that will allow a solution." - Bertrand Russell
    http://web.bigbend.net/~glaves/

Ha. Wasn't questioning Rick when I started this thread. Dang, he's got quite a following. I was just wondering about the voltage regulator. Rick was very helpful on the phone. I ordered coils, condenser, etc from him, too. About to order more. I, too enjoy doing business with somebody like him.

RKL
    "Leave the gun. Take the cannoli."

Scott1007

Thumbs up Motorrad Elektrik

If all companies had a customer service dept. like Rick, we would be in a better economy and world. He has a true passion to his products and customers!!

I purchased a voltage regulator from Rick a couple of months ago after I had some intermetent electrical issues. It is lighter weight then stock. The body is plastic, instead of metal, and the connection prongs are shorter then I would perfer but it functions as desired. If I recall correctly, it also runs a slightly higher voltage.
    Last edited by BandAidMan; 11-02-2009 at 10:42 PM.

I picked up a new ignition trigger module (the one that gets mounted to the heat sink with the white paste) after upgrading my coil. Much cheaper than OEM, the original now rides along as a spare. I fear the black boxes that show no visible signs of failure, they just stop working!!
    Gerald P
    The last thing I want to be is just like everyone else...
    1985 R80RT
    1969 Sport Fury Convertible

keelerb
    Rick's a class act. I'll never forget him refusing to sell some coils to me, because I didn't need them and would get no benefit from them. Lost a sale, gained a long-time customer. Wish there were more like him.

orbitangel

Thumbs up Yea, verily!

Quote Originally Posted by PGlaves View Post
    If there is a better, more reliable vendor than Rick at Motorrad Elektrik I haven't met him or her. Period!!
    I bought a pair of ignition coils for my Airhead (a 1977 R100RS) and I could not be more pleased with the coils but ESPECIALLY the level of service I received.

Rick is not only very knowledgeable but is very helpful as well.

I'd do business with Rick again in a skinny minute.