• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Mountainia ride-2-Q

Long range weather forecast is looking good for next Friday. Let's hope that it stays that way.

I'm leaving on Thursday and visiting a friend at Oakdale, TN. Then up Friday morning for an early arrival. :whistle

i plan to do a little work on this tonight.

it's gonna be important to get an early start on saturday if we're gonna get two q joint one day.

stay tuned.

I'm leaving on Thursday and visiting a friend at Oakdale, TN. Then up Friday morning for an early arrival. :whistle

I'm leaving Friday morning, its about a 4 to 5 hour ride for me. I should be there about 2 ish. I'll try and get some firewood together after I get set up. Kenny...

I'm leaving Friday morning, its about a 4 to 5 hour ride for me. I should be there about 2 ish. I'll try and get some firewood together after I get set up. Kenny...

Kenny,

I will be there around the same time.

ok, here are some ideas to think about

Ridegewood for lunch.
This is an ambitious morning ride to Ridgewood. lots of twisties, including the Snake.

This is nearly the same at SCBMWrider's "To Ridegewood BBQ" route in his BBQ2 zip (post 58 in this thread)

view the map.

This would make for a late lunch at Ridgewood. i hear this place gets crowded and they just tell you to go someplace else if they're real busy. i am also going to call these guys and see if they do take out. with all the saddlebags we're bound to have in this group, we might just haul a load out to a good picnic spot.

And if they're full, Pardners is right nearby.

Windy Hill for lunch

This is a shorter ride, and probably a better option for if we get a late start.

view the map.

i am going to call this guy and see what his interest is for delivering to the campground. if he will do that, we could just head back there for dinner.

any other ideas/opinions?

we can play the afternoon by ear, or if i get a sense of what everyone likes to do, we can plot the afternoon route to another destination.

this is getting *awfully* organized! :ha

ian

Seeing the thread on how to fund a trip, I'm thinking someone here would want to pay for my gas to ride to NC.:laugh :bolt

Are some folks not going to be there till Saturday?

yes, bud, not everyone is retired! ;)

that is my concern.... getting a late start on saturday morning.

i *may* just post a lunch & dinner location later this week, and let folks decide where to meet us.

ian

Back