Thread: 1994 R100rt

1994 R100rt

Purchased my first Airhead today, a 1994 R100RT with less than 10,000 miles from the original owner. Would appreciate any feedback on checks/maintenance tasks that should be performed prior to embarking on a long trip, that maybe unique to this type of bike. I've owned Oilheads previously, and am delighted to have bought less electronics, etc. Would appreciate hearing what mods are generally performed to these bikes, as I do plan to use the bike for extended cross country runs. Thanks in advance for the replies. Safe riding!

Jim

keelerb
    Welcome!

Some good suggestions here:

http://forums.bmwmoa.org/showthread.php?t=22192

On the Road
    nice... pics for proof.

Quote Originally Posted by 2004ret View Post
    Purchased my first Airhead today, a 1994 R100RT with less than 10,000 miles from the original owner. Would appreciate any feedback on checks/maintenance tasks that should be performed prior to embarking on a long trip, that maybe unique to this type of bike. I've owned Oilheads previously, and am delighted to have bought less electronics, etc. Would appreciate hearing what mods are generally performed to these bikes, as I do plan to use the bike for extended cross country runs. Thanks in advance for the replies. Safe riding!

Jim

I know that I am jealous...

Great score ! You will love it - and if you don't, let me know so I can take it off your hands !
    BMWs in my garage: 1982 R65LS, 1978 R100/7

The proof arrives next week - thanks for the links. I'm looking forward to wrenching on this machine, with local support.

Jim
    Attached Images Attached Images