• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Swivel Hitch

Yes. Absolute requirement in my opinion. Pays for itself the first time your bike falls over (it happens). You'll also notice a difference when leaning over for curves when pulling the trailer. I'm also a fan of electric brakes - finally hooked mine up last year and kicking myself for not doing it sooner. Do you have specific questions?

Don't leave home without it!

My brother totaled his Wing when he ran out of lean. I built one into my trailer and run with the pack like the trailer's not even there.

I have a fair bit of experience both ways. I started out pulling my Bunkhouse with a 1994 K1100LT with a non swivel hitch. I asked a lot of people about the necessity of a swivel and was assured that I didn't need it for normal use. I pulled the trailer for several years without and then started thinking that I am getting older and may drop the bike at a gas stop or parking etc. I thought about the damage that may occur far from home if that happened. I added the swivel hitch and lo and behold the handling changed immensely. It was like night and day. Much improved! I have always run electric brakes and will not go without. If you wish to add electric brakes to an existing trailer I have researched the parts needed and sources. Let me know if I can help.
Robert Bolton
rbolton@satnow.net:)

Back