• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Bench Racing: 2009 World Superbike

Thanks so much for keeping this thread, along with the motoGP thread, throughout the season. It's been an easy way to keep up with all the news. What a season for Ben - it should be interesting to see how he does in motoGP next year.

Terence, you're welcome.

Season test start at full throttle

kyamaha-motor-europe.com: Crutchlow and Toseland complete their first day of testing on Yamaha R1

FIM.com
Mission accomplished for Hauser
27/10/09
BMW boss Berti Hauser has described the German manufacturer's debut season in the FIM Superbike World Championship as "mission accomplished".

Hauser, BMW Motorrad's Motorsport Director, has overseen a season which has resulted in 17 top 10 finishes and the company is looking forward to competing in the championship again next year.

Former champion Troy Corser finished the season in 13th and team-mate Ruben Xaus was 17th.

Hauser said: "The season has been a long, hard one, but the time has gone very quickly and I am surprised that we have now come to the end.

"It has been a wonderful experience and one of the most exciting years of my life.

"I'm sorry about the stupid crash that caused Ruben to break his leg, but these things happen in racing and it was good to see him back in our pits chatting away to the team about how the bike is right now, instead of talking about his injury.

"We managed 17 top 10 finishes this year and I think you can say that is 'mission accomplished'. We've had ups and downs and have not been far off the podium at times and that is a testament to the potential of the bike."

Hauser has admitted the team will be looking to do better in the 2010 season.

"We know we have to improve in some areas and I can assure you that this will happen before next season begins," he added.

"This is our 'rookie' year and I think the whole team can feel happy and proud about our first season.

On The Street

visordown.com: No Yamaha World Supersport team for 2010?
Related ÔÇô
roadracingworld.com: Yamaha outsources AMA series racing programs for 2010

On the Street -
Wonder if Lamble will go?
visordown.com: Corser to unveil S1000R at SBW Motorrad Hethfordshire

hellforleathermagazine.com: Initial Report ÔÇô 2010 Aprilia RSV4 R

Back