• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Early April ?

jimfastcar

Friends are going to NC (Boone) for a week early April and my wife and I are considering joining them. Thought occured to ride the RT leading them in their car.
Wonder if someone could point me to a forecasting service for my route - it is probably a bit dicey for the northern part of the route and perhaps the mountain sections.

Anxious to get riding !! Long Winter ;)

April

Thanks, that is excellent resource.
I think I can conclude that the chances are good it would be unwise ....

Probably unwise

Nice to dream about riding in early April, even if the chances are it won't happen. I was threatening to ride to Gimli Manitoba at the end of April and just about everyone has told me I'm an idiot. Finally caved and booked on Air Canada. Sigh.

Holly

How about end of April

Hi ya Jim, Neil Here
If your really chomping at the bitt to get out and tour, why don't you join me and ride along to Georgia. May 1-3 is the BMW Owners of Georgia Rally. I'm turning it into a two week scoot as I want to play in the Mountains around Tenn and NC like I was a teenager again. All of my Fave roads are down there. Georgia has a lot of neat twisties too in the Northern part and, thats were the rally is. There is a great Bikers Camp in Suches Georgia. Two Wheels Only is it's name. It's right in the middle of the great rides of Georgia.
Give it some thought and we can talk about it at the meet and greet in MArch.

I'm planning on leavin'home on the 12th of April,to make it to the Moonshine Run in Ill. the 16th-18th,then head to the Branson Blitz after than...:bikes

Careful in the Mountains

From the Route 77 interchange to Boone, the Blue Ridge is constantly rising oin elevation. I high sided in a snow storm up there the first weekend in May about 10 years ago. I was near Blowing Rock. :banghead

Back