• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Mini Rally Sturgis Michigan

When do the majority of people arrive? Is there a big crowd that stays Friday and Saturday nights or do most people come in on Saturday and leave Sunday? This will be my first Rally before the National and I want to make the best of it.

I would say the majority of people come and stay for both nights, though there are always a few who come in on Saturday and leave on Sunday.

Hey all: I'll settle the pass word issue; it's "cool bike dude!" spoken with zeal. This is looking like a very cool weekend (in more ways then one, after all, this IS Michigan!) and I am looking forward to meeting some of you who have so patiently put up with my rambling here on the forum. Joe, have hooked up with a couple of Beemer pilots in Ludington who have expressed an interest in going. I'll let you know. In the mean time, where and when do we meet up? Vaya con Dios, Dutch

Anyone is welcome to stop by and say hello to me at any time. Look for this tent (or possibly a smaller one in the same color scheme) and this bike wearing an Ohio plate with an MOA, Airheads, and AdvRider stickers on the saddlebags (photo is not from the Sturgis rally). I will definitely be on my R80 due to me being too busy working on my house to finish re-assembly of the new heads on my GSPD before then.

jamesbay5.jpg

Hey all; Looks like it will be a great weekend!! Joe, let's see if we can convince "therealbatman" to join in our little adventure, shall we? Perhaps we can bribe him with the offer af a couple of cold ones at the end of the trail to cut the dust? Anyone else in this part of the state interested? I'll buy the first round!! (With my luck,it will be the ONLY round!!) Looking forward to May. Vaya con Dios, Dutch

Hope

:dunno I just sent of the ignition unit to Oak, Not sure of his turn around. I hoping that he repairs in time to reinstall and make the Mini. Bike would idle at 4000 rpm, Oak says it the the thing sticks some time on Air Heads.

Hey all; Looks like it will be a great weekend!! Joe, let's see if we can convince "therealbatman" to join in our little adventure, shall we? Perhaps we can bribe him with the offer af a couple of cold ones at the end of the trail to cut the dust? Anyone else in this part of the state interested? I'll buy the first round!! (With my luck,it will be the ONLY round!!) Looking forward to May. Vaya con Dios, Dutch

lol Yes, it is quite possible that I could take M-55, turn onto M-37 and grab him from his house! Of course if that was the route, it would mean we would have to meet up with you somewhere other than Pentwater... Or maybe we could convince him to meet up with me in Manistee and ride down to meet you in/near your place. Count me in for at least a round as well!
So how about it Mr exBeemer Batman dude?

(oh and btw, I think my wife is joining us)

Dutch, Mike - How about the Holland Blessing? It's this weekend- on Sunday... I am pretty sure I will be going...

Joe and Mike; I quess it would depend on the route we wanted to take. If we want to do freeways, 31 to 96 to 131 would be the way to go. I am not against meeting you guys somewhere along the way, and if you guys want to take 37 it would be about the same distance for everyone. It's about the same from Manistee to 37 as from Cadillac I think. I could meet you some where (Broman or Baldwin perhaps?) along the way. Let me know. I am attempting to convince my sweet wife to get Friday off so she can go too. As far as Holland goes, I haven't heard anything about it. Do you have time and location? Let me know and I will try to make it. Vaya con Dios, Dutch

8th Annual Lakeshore Blessing of the Bikes

It's one of the "nicer, cleaner" blessings I have been to- meaning, it seems to draw less of the "darker side" riders- lol
For me and the wife, it's has been our annual first ride. Just a reason to ride "somewhere"...

The following was copied from:
http://www.blessingofthebikes.com/index.html

Holland, MI, March 10, 2009: The 8th Annual Lakeshore Blessing of the Bikes will be held on Sunday, April 26, 2009 at the Ottawa County Fairgrounds in Holland, Michigan. Gates open at 10:00a.m. Blessing is at 2:00p.m. Reverend Phil Nguyen will officiate.

Donation: $5.00 per bike or vehicle. All gate proceeds from this charitable event will benefit Pathways, Inc. and Lakeshore Habitat for Humanity. The event kicks off the 2009 riding season.

The purpose: A gathering to start the riding season with a Blessing for a safe year, to promote a sense of community and fellowship among riders and to support local charities.

Hundreds of motorcyclists and non-motorcyclists participate in the blessing. Live music, food and motorcycles of every color, size, shape, and brand make this event interesting for all attendees. Vendors sell leather goods, t-shirts, jewelry, sunglasses and other "biker stuff". The event includes awards for "Bikers Choice" and best vintage bike (25 years or older). For a $10 donation, participants can enter their motorcycle. Winners will receive a trophy and cash prize.

I'd like to suggest......

particularly for those of you coming from the North and West side of the state, HWY 66. This road runs from Charlevoix into Sturgis.
Last year, I left Sturgis and headed north on this route, through Battle Creek and into the Charlotte area (where I split and headed into Lansing). I was really pleased with this streatch of road: light traffic, somewhat twisty and yet not terribly slow. I wondered why I had never ridden it in the past, but I intend to ride it again this year.

Hope to see some of you out there next week!:thumb

Thanks for the tip on 66. It's a fun road in place's. There are a bunch of roads in this part of the state that have a lot of potential for fun riding. Most of the secondary highways (M-40,89,43, 37 and yes,66) will have some really good stretches. M.43 and 37 north of Kalamazoo have always been some of my favorites. By the way, the Battle Creek BMW club (our unsuspecting hosts for the week-end) also put on an antique motorcycle event in June at the
Gilmore Farms just north of Richland. If you like old cars,as well as bikes, they have one of the best collections in the country, as well as (IMHO) one of the best venues around. As far as making the Holland blessing, I can try to get there after church on Sunday, but no Promises.( As a Sunday school teacher, it's sometimes difficult to get away right after services. ) Vaya con Dios, Dutch

This rally will be my first BMW anything and here is the kicker....I live across town from it! (I bought my RT last summer).

I should be easy to spot since my wife will be riding her H.D. Low Rider and we will have our daughter with us. (I'll be on a Graphite '06 RT).

I know alot of you have been here before but I would be glad to answer any questions about the area. Might even be able to suggest a short ride route.

Looking forward to meeting you all.

Steve

Only 4 more days until the Sturgis Mini Rally! Come on out, setup a tent, and enjoy yourself! :thumb

There is plenty of room at this spacious location to spread yourself out...
sturgis07.jpg

Going to Mini Ralley in Mich anyone else from Ohio going.

Me and my wife are going to be leaving for the mini ralley in Mich. this wked. Anyone from Ohio going. We are leaving on Friday and going to take state route 33 to IN. If poss anyone want to ride up together. If so please send me an email on here or at twisteddevil92@yahoo.com or call me at 937-407-1494. Thanks

glidepilot

Steve (glidepilot) was wondering what the weather report is like for the wked up there. We are comming from Belle Center Ohio, about 1/2 hr from Lima. Now that I think i know how im going to get the sleeping bags on the R1200CL now i have to figure out how to put the tent on it. By chance you would have an extra tent up there would ya it would make it easer. lol Well hope to hear from you soon. thanks Scott

Only 4 more days until the Sturgis Mini Rally! Come on out, setup a tent, and enjoy yourself! :thumb

There is plenty of room at this spacious location to spread yourself out...
sturgis07.jpg

Ah yes, the large trees at the far end of the open field, if I'm not mistaken. See you there.

Back