• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

Anyone in Wis. NOT ride today??

N

nevada72

2/10/09 - Near 60F and sunny - absolutely beautiful! I rode to the gym and back (30 mi. total). Lots of bikes on the road today, mostly Harleys. Pretty windy, but very worth it. It was also very wet in spots from all the snow melt, but a dirty bike is a happy bike. :) These small windows of opportunity are rare in the winter. I'm glad I took advantage.

Anyone else get out?

Yes!

Yes! I rode today about 50 miles. I live in Iowa. Must of been around 60 degrees. I did see some bikes out; had it been a Saturday or Sunday with this weather there would have been many more bikes on the road. It is my first "real" ride since last November. I rode around the block a week ago.

Bad news: rain/sleet in So Central MN today...:cry

Good news: the streets are getting clean, the days are getting longer!:D

Tomorrow that system will be to us. The forecast is for 1.3 inches of rain. As you said, at least the roads are getting clean. I'll add that I like the snow melting as well. Nice to see my lawn again. Yeah - short lived I know. It is only February. :)

ME! Right here! I didn't! Some of us have children to take to school and, as well, do not have the time to plan a route that does not involve salty wet roads on which we prefer not to ride our bikes ...

ME! Right here! I didn't! Some of us have children to take to school and, as well, do not have the time to plan a route that does not involve salty wet roads on which we prefer not to ride our bikes ...

Your priorities are clearly out of whack. :laugh

I did consider the wet roads, but figured what the heck, this bike was built to ride. It really wasn't too bad by me which is 1/2 hour south of you. Also, there was no more route planning than simply taking my usual route to the gym. I try not to obverthink these kinds of things. Takes away from the fun.

I would have if I could EVER get my FD back together....

I was out for about an hour this afternoon. It was 43 degrees here in Dubuque, Iowa and sunny. Enjoyed my short ride.....;)

Back