• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Portland Monthly Meet & Greet

Monthly dinner for June should be this Wednesday June 19th. It is in question though as I won't be here. That is the first day of our 15 day road trip. So is anyone willing or able to "run" the dinner this month? By run I mean be there.

If the dinner goes, it will be at the

Golden Valley Brewery
1520 Northwest Bethany Boulevard
Beaverton, OR 97006

Normal time is 5:30 so the early birds can take advantage of happy hour.

If interested, you may also want to check out the BMWRO (BMW Riders of Oregon) facebook page as that page tends to get responses to the posts.

See you all next month.

This month's Portland dinner falls on the eve of the rally, July 17, what better way to start the activities than with a dinner? And if you will be in town early for the rally, stop on by!!

Let's do the same time as before at the same location:

1520 NW Bethany Road
Beaverton, OR 97006

http://www.goldenvalleybrewery.com/contact.aspx

Time: 5:30 pm or whenever you can get there.

Happy hour runs until 6pm, so arrive early to save.

And remember, this is not a sanctioned club event. This merely a chance to have dinner with like minded people. Anyone can attend.

Sorry for the late post. Dinner is tomorrow night, Sept 18th, starting about 5:30 or so. Location is the Golden Valley Brewery.

Please feel free to join us.

Golden Valley Brewery
Beaverton, OR 97006

Hope to see you there.

Sept Meeting

Darn - Looks like I missed it by a day. New to forum, will try to attend the next one to see what's going on locally.

-= Scott

Scott, keep watching here or nearly any other BMW forum and the dinner will be posted, usually the weekend before. I was slackin off this past weekend and did not get it posted in a timely fashion. Pretty much happens third Wed of every month as long as the weather is not too nasty. Pretty much if it's freezing or threatens to do that stuff in the evening, dinner is a no go. Other wise there is usually at least a few us that show up. The dinner is also posted on facebook on the BMWRO page. The dinner is not a BMWRO event though. So no sales pitch.

Dinner time again and a great time to make new friends and talk about old rides.

When, this Wednesday, October 16, 2013.

Time, I try to get there around 5:30 so I can order cheaply off of the happy hour menu. Quite a few folks don't make it until around 6 though due to that pesky work thing.

Where, the Golden Valley Brewery
Beaverton, OR 97006

All are welcome. This is not a club event of any nature. It is merely an opportunity and reason to have dinner out with like minded people.

Hope to see you there.

Brian

Geez, where does the time go? Third Wed is rapidly approaching and time for dinner again.

When, this Wednesday, November 20, 2013.

Time, I try to get there around 5:30 so I can order cheaply off of the happy hour menu. Quite a few folks don't make it until around 6 though due to that pesky work thing.

Beaverton, OR 97006

All are welcome. This is not a club event of any nature. It is merely an opportunity and reason to have dinner out with like minded people.

Hope to see you there.

Brian

With just a blink of an eye, and twitch of a nose, December is half way in the bag and the Winter solstice is just a week away. That means we have made it half way and Spring is just around the corner and hopefully better riding weather. Also means time for another dinner!! Come hang out with other riders and share plans of upcoming trips or anything else you may want to talk about.

When, this Wednesday, December 18, 2013.

Time, I try to get there around 5:30 (traffic does not always make this so) so I can order cheaply off of the happy hour menu. Quite a few folks don't make it until around 6 though due to that pesky work thing.

Beaverton, OR 97006

Hope to see you there.

Brian

As a side note, it is December and the weather can be sketchy and holiday parties can fill up a restaurant fast. So, weather, use your best common sense. If its slippery, snowy, not safe, stay home. It's just dinner. As for the restaurant, I put a reservation in for 1745-1800 under my name and/or BMW motorcycles.

Last edited:
The new year has come and it seems to be getting light earlier and staying light later. Riding season (good riding) can't be too far away! How about dinner to talk about what Santa brought us and what we plan on doing this coming summer. Also maybe talk about what if anything we can do next holiday season for those less fortunate.

When, this Wednesday, January 15, 2014!

Time, 5:45 (happy hour ends at 6) or whenever work and traffic allow you to get there. We are usually there for at least 1.5 hours.

Beaverton, OR 97006

Hope to see you there.

Brian

Hopefully everyone has survived the snow and now the rain and wind because its dinner time!

When, this Wednesday, February 19, 2014!

Time, 5:45 (happy hour ends at 6) or whenever work and traffic allow you to get there. We are usually there for at least 1.5 hours.

Beaverton, OR 97006

Hope to see you there.

Brian

March meet & great?

I will need to watch to see where and when the M&G for March is.

It will give me a chance to get to know some local riders.

Please do feel free to stop on by. It should March 19 and unless something major happens, will be at the Great Valley Brewery off of Hwy 26. May be a pain to get to at rush hour, but going home is usually pretty easy.

M&g

Please do feel free to stop on by. It should March 19 and unless something major happens, will be at the Great Valley Brewery off of Hwy 26. May be a pain to get to at rush hour, but going home is usually pretty easy.

Sounds like a plan. Any reason to ride is a good one. I will plug it into my calender and see how everything works out. Thanks for the info.

The month is flying by. Dinner time again.

When, this Wednesday, March 19, 2014!

Beaverton, OR 97006

Hope to see you there.

Brian

For those that thought about coming to the dinner last night...you missed a great time. Fourteen people made it (six on bikes) which pretty much stressed the wait staff since we kept adding tables and chairs to the group. I think we pretty much owned the dinning room part of the restaurant for the most of the evening. Everyone seemed to have a great time talking bikes, sharing stories or just meeting new people. It never ceases to amaze me the stories and lives people have led. I think we could have sat there for a few hours more and not even come close to a pause in the conversations. But time rolled on and people had to get home. Hopefully everyone can come back next month for another round of fun, food and talk. Keep your fingers crossed and maybe we can sit on the patio around the fire.

There was talk last night about an email list so folks would not have to rely on the forums to remember about the dinner. If you would like to pm me your email, I can add you to a group. I won't spam you. Only one email a month as a reminder about the dinner.

Brian

Dinner time again! Was hoping for some warmer weather so we could partake of the patio and fire pit at the GVB, but weather report does not look that promising in terms of warm weather. On the up side though, the rotating tap this month is Carlton Kolsch. Kolsch style beer is not always available and if you enjoy trying different brews, Kolsch is one worth trying.

So here are the details:

When, this Wednesday, April 16, 2014!

Beaverton, OR 97006

Hope to see you there.

Brian

Dinner time again, I think. Crazy how fast time goes by and how many things compete for your time.

Any way, yes, its the third Wednesday again and time for dinner. I won't be there though, so you are all on your own. With any luck, come Wednesday night I will be in Colorado. So eat, talk and have fun.

When, this Wednesday, May 21, 2014.

Beaverton, OR 97006

Brian

Dinner time! Seems like just a few weeks have past since the last dinner, but for me that was back in April! Many of us have been on trips, the state rally has come and gone, so let's get together and catch up!

So here are the details:

When, this Wednesday, June 18, 2014!

Beaverton, OR 97006

Hope to see you there.

Brian

Back