• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Portland Monthly Meet & Greet

sit

A small group of us have decided the metro area needs a monthly food event where we can all sit around, get to know each other, eat some great food, toss back a few drinks of your choice and talk bikes or rides or what ever suits us. The first Meet and Greet was a success I think and the group that showed up decided to make it a regular event.

So here it is

What: Portland Meet & Greet
When: Third Wednesday of each month
Time: For now let's set the time at around 6:30pm
Where: Pyramind Breweries McTarnahan Taproom
2730 NW 31st Portland Oregon, 97210
http://www.pyramidbrew.com/alehouses/portland

Hope to see you there by car, truck, and hopefully some by BMW.

Brian

Last edited:
That would make it 2/18... I'll try to be in town..

Ok, here is the one week warning. Food and Beer next Wed, February 18, 6:30 pm at the Taproom!!

Very good! Hope to see a bunch of people there tomorrow with lots of bikes!! Should be warm enough tonight so no frost in the morning and nearly 50 degrees tomorrow! So lets :eat and :drink !!

So there I was, upholding the honor of the K-bikes... Where were the rest of you???

That time again

It's getting to be that time of the month again!!! :lurk Is it Friday this time, or Wednesday again???

Aiming for Wed again. Gonna try to keep it same day etc etc so with any luck it will take on a life of its own.

Sorry about the miss - didn't think the group wanted my case of the flu.... looking to April...

I posted this on the BMWLT site too - should generate a couple of "new" friends. Our next one is April 15th, and everyone will need some help on that day. A beer & garage tales will be a welcome change.... :eat

Great, thank you for doing that!!

And not to start changing things, but I have been kind of looking for another location. Nothing against the Taproom, but would be nice to find a place that maybe has a wider selection of food in a wider price range so those that want a light snack dont end up paying more of a dinner price.

So if anyone has an idea,please share it, I will check it out and see what it has to offer. I think a prime location would be similiar to the Taproom, located close to the core of the city so all roads, okay all freeways lead to it, so no matter where people are coming from, they can have quick and easy access to it and back home. A good neighborhood would be good too so we dont have to worry about people messing with the bikes.

Regardless of suggested locations, April will still be at the Taproom.

Last edited:
John Day ralley

:dance I am glad to see that someone has taken the bull by the horns (the roundel by the propeller?) (the motorcycle by the handlebars?), and is initiating a group in the Portland area. I was amazed that there was no "club" in Portland when I got my bike (2003 R1150RS ;) ) on the road. I live just south of Oregon City and work on the weekends, October thru mid-June. I'll plan on a trip to the taproom (or?) when the weather allows.
I have tenative plans for the ralley in John Day in June. :bolt
Any feedback or suggestions for said ralley. Thanks

John Day is going to be a miss for me. I think I'm one of two or three KLT-bike riders in the Portland area..... Even tho I love John Day & the ride to get there, I already get monthly injections of "GS" - and more from my son... might ride my wife's Spyder next week for grins - if it's not raining....

Meet & Greet

Spyder!!! You have to bring that to the next M&G!! Charge eveyone a couple of bucks for a test ride and you wont have to pay for food or drink that night!

And speaking of the next M&G, ONE WEEK WARNING!! With some luck the weather will cooperate and maybe more bikes will show up. Spread the word and let's get this thing rolling!

And while we are there on th 15th talking about all of the great rides we plan on taking this summer, those who may be inclined to compete in the MOA mileage contest might as well get our forms filled out and signed. If you have your form, please bring it. I am an MOA member, hopefully there are a few others that will show up. The contest does not start until the 11th, so getting them signed on the 15 will be a good thing. Of course this means you have to ride to the M&G though. Weather at least looks promising so far!

It was good to see y'all. :nod

Apparently someone thought the rally in Gillette sucked. :ha

Back