Thread: Looking for painter in Seattle for sidecase/fairing

Looking for painter in Seattle for sidecase/fairing

My bike fell over in the parking lot. It has some scrapes that require the plastic side case and fairing to be repainted. Too much for dabbing a little touch up paint. Does anyone have someone they can recommend? I touched base with BMW Motorcycles of Seattle (Ride West) and the person I spoke with had nothing to offer. Thanks.

If you find an auto body shop that repairs BMW's and Mercedes they might paint it for you. They likely routinely use the factory paints found on BMW bikes.

As mentioned, a local paintshop dealing with higher end cars can match any color.

Will move this over to Regional West soon and maybe some local info
    Steve Henson
    SABMWRA MOA Club#62's Flat Fixer/ current forum moderator
    It's not the breaths you take, but the moments that take your breath away-D.Dillon/G. Strait

Quote Originally Posted by henzilla View Post
    As mentioned, a local paintshop dealing with higher end cars can match any color.

Will move this over to Regional West soon and maybe some local info
    Is moving my thread supposed help me get specific information? Does it assume people with specific Seattle information jump right past the Motorrad section while they rush to the "Regional West" section? Maybe you moderators should eliminate some of these rat hole folders and allow the association members to communicate unencumbered.

So a mod who's been here for years offers to help, and you dump on him? Wow.
    Bill Johnston

Well ya know, trying to get you some local info.

If you wanted a name for Ralphs Body Shop in Seattle, Regionals is a likely place to find that. If you never browse other sub forums than Motorrad, that's your choice.

Motorrad, by being on the top of the page catches everything , even non motorcycle topics that typically get moved.
    It is for general BMW and bike talk, not necessarily a paint shop search. The "rathole" folders are designed to be a bit more specific in nature to the help you are asking for.

Sorry you scratched up your bike, but seriously
    Steve Henson
    SABMWRA MOA Club#62's Flat Fixer/ current forum moderator
    It's not the breaths you take, but the moments that take your breath away-D.Dillon/G. Strait

Fortis Fortuna Adiuvat Omega Man's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by selyab View Post
    Is moving my thread supposed help me get specific information? Does it assume people with specific Seattle information jump right past the Motorrad section while they rush to the "Regional West" section? Maybe you moderators should eliminate some of these rat hole folders and allow the association members to communicate unencumbered.
    Kinda harsh.
    When we move a thread, it is because we feel it will be of best help to the Member to do so.
    As far as a place on the forum being a "rat-hole"- not so.
    In your case when Members hit the "new post" button, they will immediately see a post from their part of the country and perhaps have the best local knowledge.
    OM
    "I bought a ticket to the circus, I don't know why I was so surprised to see elephants" Norris Church Mailer
    Mod Squad
    2009 F800GS 1994 TW200

Another option is to get the factory color in an aerosol and repaint it your self. I have used Color Rite which specializes in motorcycle paint as a source to repaint my old Concours. They had a perfect match for a 30 year old color. If you go the clear over coat route, stick with their paint. The process is not cheap, their matched aerosol paint runs about $60.00 a can with shipping.
    1994 R1100RS--,1974 R90/6 built 9/73,--1964 Triumph T100--1986 Concours

The mod was trying to help you get better responses. A thank you would have been appropriate.

Give Seattle Motorcycle Paint a call. They are on 42nd SW. Google their phone number.