• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Diners, Drive-ins and Dives

There are a bunch of places I'd love to visit from that show. He cracks me up with his comments. Thanks for the info.!:eat

:clap :clap :clap I too like the show and though of hitting a few of those places. No excuses for me not going now that you did all of the hard stuff. Maybe we can plan a ride to one or two of them. Thanks and a big Bravo Zulu to you.

Thanks for the file! I too am a fan of the show... Our ride to the MOA Rally this year is (sorta') going to follow a DDD related route. We're planning the route based on some of the places DDD has been to between Colorado and TN - it should be interesting and fun!!!

Roy,

We should have a club DDD ride don't you think? Did you notice that one of the places is in Tiverton?

if you did a tour of these places over a span of a few days/weeks and really ate there, should you think having your Will in order a good idea? Although not much of a food purist, I can almost feel my arteries clogging thinking about it. - Bob

I'm still old school, how do I upload to my Garmin?

I'm right there with you. I use the Garmin for most trips. Have managed to update the ZUMO from a DVD (almost 2 hour process) but how does one add these addresses from a ZIP file?

Even a link would be helpful.

Here is the gpx file unzipped.

View attachment 16024

Try clicking the attachment, it should load right into Mapsource on your computer. Download from there to your GPS.

When you download the zip file, you need to extract the files (double click the downloaded zip file). Once you extract the files from the zip file, you should be able to double click the file you want and have it open in the Mapsource program.

HTH

Double click the .zip file and it will extract two files. One is a .GDB Garmin route file and the other is a .GPX GPS exchange file. If you have a Zumo or other capable GPS, you can drag the .GPX file onto your GPS and the places will become POIs (Points Of Interest). OR, you can just double click on the .GDB file and it will open in Mapsource and the places will be waypoints.

I have to go right now, but I will try to put together more detail instructions with screen shots.

For those that dont use GPS, I've been taking down the address on a good ol' pen and paper. Nothing to zip or unzip, just use a compass and go.:D

Attachments

• Diners, Drive Inns and Dives.doc
    136 KB · Views: 114
OK, so if someone had a Garmin GPS, but was illiterate and couldn't figure out the instructions, how would they download the info. into the GPS? I tried to look at it, but my Windows doesn't knoiw how to open it. Do I need to download some other software first?

Back