• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Im Hungry!

redclfco

:dance :dance :eat
Smokey Bones BBQ & Grill‎ - Write a review
1905 N Roan St, Johnson City, TN‎ - (423) 979-1706‎
"This place has great atmosphere, friendly helpful employees, and awesome food. A little more pricey than most BBQ places ..."‎ 3 reviews
Website‎ - Directions‎
Firehouse Restaurant‎ - Write a review
627 W Walnut St, Johnson City, TN‎ - (423) 929-7377‎
Category: Restaurant Barbecue
"General Ratings: 4. As BBQ goes, this is probably one of the more consistent places in NE Tennessee. ..."‎ 1 review
Website‎ - Directions‎
Dixie Barbecue Co‎ - Write a review
3301 N Roan St, Johnson City, TN‎ - (423) 283-7447‎
"I am originally from Illinois, so when I moved to Tennessee several years ago (1997), I knew very little about "real" ..."‎ 2 reviews
Directions‎
:dance :dance :dance :dance :eat
Red Pig Bar-BQ‎ - With a name like this, it's got to be good2201 Ferguson Rd, Johnson City, TN‎ - (423) 282-6585‎
"General Ratings: 4. I'm giving Red Pig 2 stars for friendliness. My general rule of thumb is that I give a restaurant 3 ..."‎ 1 review
Directions‎
:dance :eat
House of Ribs Restaurant‎ - Write a review
3100 N Roan St, Johnson City, TN‎ - (423) 282-8077‎
"General Ratings: 3. House of Ribs has the best Prime Rib in town. I've always had great service when I go there. ..."‎ 1 review
Directions‎
West Market Street, Johnson City, TN‎ - (423) 967-5819‎
Category: Barbecue Restaurant
"I've lived here for years and found restaurants I had no idea existed thru the site!! I highly recommend this site for anyone looking for something ..."‎ 2 reviews
Website‎ - Directions‎
Crazy Cajun Restaurant
(423) 477-2414 See reviews on Yahoo! Local 5358 Kingsport Hwy
Gray, TN Map

Last edited:
Red, Great list of BBQ Restaruants in Johnson City... But the Rally is in Grey, Tn.:stick

Have you tried to find any listed in Grey? You see some I missed in the zip? Contribute Man, don't criticize! Everybody gots to help here!:eat

This is Life threatening stuff of much importance! No time to screw off! The Rally is only 7 months away!:)

Last edited:
Johnson City's only a short ride away from Gray. All great choices for vittles. I oughta' know. I ride for barbecue.....

Red, Great list of BBQ Restaruants in Johnson City... But the Rally is in Grey, Tn.:stick

Gray is a little town between Johnson City and Kingsport. The area is know as the Tri-Cities (Bristol, Kingsport and Johnson City). However, there are several towns and communities mixed among them. That includes Gray, Piney Flats, Bluff City and several others. It's all in the same area and you frequently don't know when you go from one to the other. The area is not large but the small towns refuse to disappear and they are determined to stand on their own.

You are a great help

Thank you for the BBQ resturant list. It will help in July. :groovy
HOWEVER...now I am hungry. I wasn't 2 minutes ago. I am trying to lose some of the stuffing I gained at Christmas.:fight

Have you tried to find any listed in Grey? You see some I missed in the zip? Contribute Man, don't criticize! Everybody gots to help here!:eat

This is Life threatening stuff of much importance! No time to screw off! The Rally is only 7 months away!:)

I'll try to do better!!! LOL

Sweetwatter BBQ near St Roberts MO. on Interstate 44. Can't beat the ribs and Thin-cut potato wedges.

SweetWaterBBQ.jpg

After a month of dieting I can almost fit into my Rev'It pants again. After a few days of southern cooking I might need a new pair of pants for the ride home! :banghead

Pete

We need to set up a BBQ ride starting from the Rally site, combining twisty roads and tasty backwoods BBQ. Any suggestions? I'm talking to you locals:D

After a month of dieting I can almost fit into my Rev'It pants again. After a few days of southern cooking I might need a new pair of pants for the ride home! :banghead

Pete

We need to set up a BBQ ride starting from the Rally site, combining twisty roads and tasty backwoods BBQ. Any suggestions? I'm talking to you locals:D

I'm in! Combine these two posts, then see my plea for an oversized Kermit chair in the Gear forum... http://forums.bmwmoa.org/showthread.php?t=32961:D

Johnson City's only a short ride away from Gray. All great choices for vittles. I oughta' know. I ride for barbecue.....

That's almost 5 miles from Gray to Johnson City. That's too far. Are any of there places going to set up on the fairgrounds? I hate to miss good food but once the bike gets parked that'll be it until the rallies over.
aaaaaa

:eat :eat :eat :eat :eat :eat :eat :eat :eat :eat :eat :eat :eat :eat :eat :eat :eat :eat :eat

3139144690_5ce8905458_o.jpg

Kingsport,TN. Ate here while visiting the site last fall. I'd say if you were riding by and were hungry, it's a good place to stop. I won't be going out of my way to get there. The ribs were as good as the place we enjoy locally. I guess I'd hope for a notch better seeing as I'm from NH, not a place known for Ribs.

I do remember they were not keen on two of us sharing a whole rack of ribs...they wanted to charge us for two half racks...guess most guests don't do all that math before ordering? :whistle

3138315961_eef7ce0e33_o.jpg

That's almost 5 miles from Gray to Johnson City. That's too far. Are any of there places going to set up on the fairgrounds? I hate to miss good food but once the bike gets parked that'll be it until the rallies over.
aaaaaa

:eat :eat :eat :eat :eat :eat :eat :eat :eat :eat :eat :eat :eat :eat :eat :eat :eat :eat :eat

Any ride less than 30 miles is short in east Tennessee.........;)

Especially for good barbeque!

Back