• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Norton

Threeteas

Norton opened it's factory last week and aims to have first bikes, Commandos, ready for the Summer. They are also going to race a 500cc rotary at this year's IOM TT.

No prices yet.

what a great looking machine, easily the nicest looking bike currently in production, only 415 lbs too, impressive.

Later this year I'll take the camera and bike down perhaps and see what's what in Donnington at Norton.

In John Player Special colors (or colours) too:thumb
I know Kenny Dreer lost the license to build his modern Commando's, but this sure looks a lot like sort of the bikes he was building. Who did the design and development?

It is my understanding the Norton acquired the Kenny Dreer design in the process of securing the name and bringing it back to the UK and consolidating all the Norton elements that had been chunked out when they ended.

It is my understanding the Norton acquired the Kenny Dreer design in the process of securing the name and bringing it back to the UK and consolidating all the Norton elements that had been chunked out when they ended.

From what I read in this weeks Motor Cycle News, you are correct. All drawings, prototypes etc came along with the name. Tooling and a staff of about 50 have been assembled, the engines have been sent out for fuel injection systems to be added for emissions control, but bikes should be ready by summer 09. The 500 rotary will be ready for the TT, with a special edition straight after (limited number means it doesn't need to comply with so many rules and regs, so can be built sooner).

What about the Norton Girl?

There's got to be a Norton Girl if it really is Norton.

Attachments

• Norton Girl-1.jpg
    Norton Girl-1.jpg
    80.9 KB · Views: 267
Perhaps the Girl Should Sit This One Out

It will be good to see the Norton motorcycle come back, but I'm not so sure about the Norton girl. She's got to be getting a little long in the tooth at this point.
:cat

I installed a centerstand on my '71 Commando. Love to start it on the centerstand and watch it vibrate and spin in circles. Love those old Norton ads with those Norton girls. :groovy

Don't you know!

I HAVE a centerstand on the '70 Bonnie.
Rev it up and watch it walk out of the garage.....
:wave

I never quite got used to those newfangled Commandos. I recently sold the 2 Norton Atlases I bought in 1968. Miss them, but can only afford to keep one old bike running at the moment and the Beemer won out.

Holly

No prices yet, they say early this year for the announcement. It will depend a lot on what their plan is. Dreer's plan when he designed the new Commando was a very limited production run of about 50 bikes and a cost of around $20K.

No prices yet, they say early this year for the announcement. It will depend a lot on what their plan is. Dreer's plan when he designed the new Commando was a very limited production run of about 50 bikes and a cost of around $20K.

Maybe initially, but then he started taking deposts for bikes that were going to run in the $12K-$15K range. I believe he received quite a few with the promise to refund if it didn't work out. It didn't work out, and from what I know, all refunds were given.

So, the difference between Dreer and the new guy is buckets of money?

Back