• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Tools-Cordless Screwdriver

B

beemergrl

My husband's B-Day is in a couple of weeks and I thought I would get him a cordless screwdriver and bits, etc. to work on the bike. I am tired of the allen wrenches. It is time for them to be replaced with something faster. Anyways, can someone comment on what you are using to repair your bike with. I am looking for a cordless screwdriver and some metric tools to go with it. Any opinions will be appreciated. Thanks.

I received as a gift one of the B&D with the new battery technology. However, it is shaped like a pistol, it's a bit fat and hardly reaches into anywhere. I wish I'd been given one that has the pivot point, so it can swing into a straight handle, and I wish it was a bit smaller in diameter, so it would fit more places. But, on the good side, it came with a bazillion little inserts.

I have a Craftsman, with the pivot, that I bought a few years ago. I have used countless times without fail. It will make small work of removing 30+ tupperware screws. I always used an allen wrench to put them back though.

Black and Decker

Black and Decker makes a small piviot type ; Can use it as a pistol for leverage and straight for speed.
It is rechargeable and runs about 25 bucks. Pretty handy if you have a lot of tuperware to take off but like mentioned above dont use it to put the tup back on; It will spin up and brake the hole out :violin been there done that.
If you need another handy idea if he does not have it get him a tap and die of the tupperware size to chase the threads when needed ; comes in real handy cleaning up misaligning screws that get cross threaded.
Good Luck ; Sounds like anything you get him would be appreciated, its the thought right :dance
Jim and Esther

I have a Skil shaped approximately like a 2 cell flashlight with a removable battery which fits in a charger. I have 2 batteries. That way if I run down the other is charged up ready to go. It has a rocker switch to operate with your thumb: press left; counterclockwise - loosen. Press right; clockwise - tighten.

I use it all the time. I have adapters for 1/2", 3/8", and 1/4" drive sockets. So can use any of my sockets, socket allen wrenches, socket ball end allen wrenches, etc. And of course screwdriver and Torx bits. I use it on fasteners ranging from body panel screws to wheel bolts (once loosened of course).

My husband's B-Day is in a couple of weeks and I thought I would get him a cordless screwdriver and bits, etc. to work on the bike. I am tired of the allen wrenches. It is time for them to be replaced with something faster. Anyways, can someone comment on what you are using to repair your bike with. I am looking for a cordless screwdriver and some metric tools to go with it. Any opinions will be appreciated. Thanks.

This Bosch is fantastic. Happy Birthday to him! :thumb

http://www.amazon.com/Bosch-PS20-2A..._m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=08AY5M8C2SQWZ56ES2ZM

+1 on the Bosch!

Now somebody convince my wife that one of these would compliment my Dewalt battery drill/driver collection.

cordless screwdrivers

Is this a new idea?

I just went out to check my toolbox and EVERY screwdriver in there is lacking a cord. Same for all my wrenches and hammers too!

Does this mean for once I am finally ahead of the technology curve?????

:dance

Friedle
Airhead #46

Thanks everyone for posting some suggestions for tools. I knew that I could come and get some great information from all of you. Thanks for posting and sharing.

Just a thought, I almost never use electric or air tools on my bikes. For faster Allen bolt wrenching I highly recommend a high-quality "T" handle set instead.

Aw come on, it's his birthday! Why not spring for something a bit more elaborate.... he deserves it does he not?

Attachments

• c1465.gif
    c1465.gif
    20.3 KB · Views: 625
Back