• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Hello from Oregon!

S

ScofieldKid

Just closed the deal on the 2004 R1100S over there in Scottsdale.
Having it shipped up here to the Eugene/Springfield area.

Thought I would join up and post and say hello. :wave

Hello!

ScofieldKid

What recession?

Hello from Houston! I joined a couple of months ago after buying my first BMW and there have been many new people announcing their new memberships and bike purchases since then. Doesn't seem like the recession is hitting the BMW MOA. Like I mentioned to another new member just yesterday -- I've learned a lot and have made several local contacts with other riders. There's a lot going on around here.

Please post some bike pics after your shipment arrives. Welcome!

Cool. A belated welcome to you also.

Here's a pic while I'm waiting...

Attachments

• r1100s-mandarin.jpg
    r1100s-mandarin.jpg
    151.6 KB · Views: 107
Thanks. That's a pretty wicked RT you got there as well.

I'm figuring at least a couple years on this one, and then keep my eyes out for a Megamoto.

:brad

( It's nice to have a dream... )

Cool. A belated welcome to you also.

Here's a pic while I'm waiting...

Welcome aboard the good ship BMWMOA! Lots of good tips here and friendly folks. I've seen a few Gray/Mandarin '04's, but never one like that...

Here's mine on the ride home to Western Washington from the purchase point in Louisville, Kentucky last May...

Ciao! BJ

Attachments

• Biking 2008 005.jpg
    Biking 2008 005.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 101
Welcome

Greetings neighbor :wave

There are some mighty fine roads in Oregon. If you want to explore the Gorge, or go up Santiam Pass (when it opens) give a holler.

Rachael,NV:)

The "Extraterestrial Highway" at Rachael in Nevada ia a cool stopoff place in Nowhereville, USA. Nice bike, too. A rare S at a rare place, make a good photo:). Riding "offroad" near Rachael and "Area 51" on my GS1100 a few years back, I got chased away from places I should not have been. No harm, but the place is infested with "black ops"....Randy:thumb

The "Extraterestrial Highway" at Rachael in Nevada ia a cool stopoff place in Nowhereville, USA. Nice bike, too. A rare S at a rare place, make a good photo:). Riding "offroad" near Rachael and "Area 51" on my GS1100 a few years back, I got chased away from places I should not have been. No harm, but the place is infested with "black ops"....Randy:thumb

I'd only been through here one time before, even though I lived in Nevada for a few decades. Decided it might be worth a quick photo stop. This was a detour route as my ride back to the NW was planned for Wyoming/Utah, etc. Severe storms in the Rockies caused me to go south thru Texas and Arizona before riding northbound. That Nevada desert is a good place to try extraterrestrial speeds! :dance

Thanks for the bike compliment...it's a keeper!

Cheers! BJ

Cool Bike

Hey, Cool bike you got! I just joined the site after buy my 95 R1100R last year. Just checking things out here on the site, lots of good information, thanks to everyone! Anyway, I'll look for that unique bike. Happy Riding!

Way cool bike. :bikes
Too bad about the hemroid-thingy behind the seat.:scratch :sick :laugh

Back