• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Bench Racing: 2009 Formula One Thread

The smart money says 18. I agree the Honda deal is dead.

(Remember the days when the first cut for making the grid was a lap time of less than 103% IIRC of the pole, now we are talking about just 18:cry )

Here is something to kick around,

The set up
As you know testing is limited this season. Also some of the track contracts are reported to have penalties for have less than a certain number of cars on the grid. At one time that number was a minimum of 24, I am not certain what that number is now or how the penalty works.

what if ...
Bernie and Max allowed teams to field a third car? They have one back up car. They have a test driver that has a Super License. Allow the driver to claim points in the drivers championship but don't allow the team to collect constructor points for the third car.

Figure out how to split the costs. Ferrari and McLaren would bite, and if BMW Renault and say Toyota joined in the experiment you could rotate it among the teams spreading out the costs and track time over more of the field.

It gives the participating teams track time to try different settings etc.

455865511_BCz9V-S.jpg

Hey, I didn't know Barack was an F1 driver in his younger days. :D

Here is something to kick around,

<snip>
Interesting proposition, but like everything else in F1, it's a case of the rich getting richer. The teams that can afford to competitively field a third car on Saturday and Sunday are Ferrari, McLaren, Williams, Renault and BMW. They would benefit from the extra track time, sure, but mostly from increased TV exposure, effectively by 50%. Everybody else is struggling to make it through Q1, frankly. For the third-tier teams, fielding a third driver would be tantamount to a rolling chicane - remember Ukyo Katayama? Andrea DeCrasheris? Johnny Washroom? Heaven forbid we return to those days.

For the tracks that have a minimum quota, well, they're just going to have to suck it up and face reality. Now is not the time to be enforcing seemingly arbitrary contractual terms. It's not like Bernie's going to cough up the difference out of Tamara's allowance.

Mmmm ... Tamara Ecclestone ... :heart

OK, back to reality. I don't recall 103%. I only recall 107%. Was 103% during the turbo/ground effect/no refueling era?

Thanks again for all your work to bring us these very interesting reports.

As of this writing, 44d 21h 35m to Australia Friday Practice! It's comin'!

On the heals of our speculation about the number of cars on the grid for the F1 season the Honda (or what ever name it ends up as) says: ÔÇ£Were not dead, just mostly deadÔÇØ
f1network.net: Honda will make it Melbourneprobably

BMW Sauber F1 Team - Test in Bahrain - Day one
02-10-2009 Press Release

Test in Bahrain.

February 10th ÔÇô 13th 2009

Day one ÔÇô Tuesday

Weather conditions: Heavy fog in the morning, sunny for the rest of the day.

Temperature: Air: 15 ÔÇô 27 ??C, Track: 17 ÔÇô 35 ??C

Number of drivers participating: 3 from 3 teams

Fastest lap overall: Timo Glock (Toyota) 1:33.501 min

Circuit length: 5.412 km

Robert Kubica
Chassis / engine: BMW Sauber F1.09-02 / BMW 86/9
Test kilometres today: 515 (95 laps)
Fastest lap: 1:33.702 min

Programme:
The start of todayÔÇÖs test session was delayed by nearly two hours due to poor visibility. Once the fog went away and the sun came out Robert Kubica worked on the set-up of the BMW Sauber F1.09. The team made good progress developing the new car, although just after the lunch break Kubica stopped out on the track due to a mechanical problem. He resumed testing after repairs had been made.

ÔÇ£It was the first time I was able to drive the new car in warm weatherÔÇØ, Kubica said after completing 95 laps. ÔÇ£We learned a lot about the carÔÇÖs behaviour in these conditions, so overall it was a good day.ÔÇØ

What comes next:
This weekÔÇÖs testing in Bahrain will continue until Friday. Robert Kubica will be at the wheel of the BMW Sauber F1.09 again tomorrow and Thursday. On Friday Christian Klien will take over testing duties.

AT&T Williams

Jerez Test Day One
10 February 09
The AT&T Williams team were back on track today for the first day of a four day test at Jerez. The team's official test driver, Nico Hulkenberg, was in the cockpit of the FW31 which is having its second outing following its January debut in Portugal last month.

In a field of just four other teams, Nico covered 82 laps of the 4.423km track, a total of 362kms, and set the second quickest time of the 2009 runners with a 1:22.443.

Kazuki Nakajima will take over testing duties tomorrow.

Sam Michael, Technical Director, Williams F1:
ÔÇ£Today Nico Hulkenberg worked on mapping, systems checks and set-ups on the FW31 in preparation for the first Grand Prix in Melbourne. Although there was some wet weather in the middle of the day, there was plenty of dry running and we have a lot of useful data to look at tonight.ÔÇØ

Red Bull Racing
Jerez Test ÔÇô Day One
10 | 02 | 09
Sebastian Vettel (RB5-01) Laps: 63; Best time: 1:22.177; Circuit length: 4.423; Fastest lap: S Buemi ÔÇô 1:19.660
After a preliminary shakedown yesterday, the job of getting to know RB5 and developing it for the coming season began today, once again with Sebastian Vettel at the wheel.

The day went well, with successful runs in dry conditions, until mid-morning rain left the track wet until well into the afternoon, so that the car spent quite a bit of time in the garage.
Tomorrow, it will be a case of one car and two drivers: Vettel is due to do the bulk of the driving over these four days, but tomorrow morning Mark Webber will get his first taste of RB5, not just to assess the carÔÇÖs potential, but also to see how he feels physically in the cockpit, as he continues his remarkable recovery after breaking his leg, back in November.

formula1.com: Hit and miss shake out for Red Bull

Torro Rosso[/url]

formula1.com: Jerez day one

Some rumours had this seat going to Button.
scuderiatororosso.com: Big surprise, Sebastien Bourdais is back

USF1[/url]

crash.net: USF1 close to first signing

Why?
autosport.com: Mosley ÔÇô KERS is here to stay

f1-live.com: Kovalainen focuses on KERS

formula1blog: Vettel on Super License row

grandprix.com: NASCAR men earning as well as most F1 drivers

paddocktalk.com: Will Formula 1 drivers strike over FIAÔÇÖs taxing demands???

If my mother had been MaxÔÇÖs mother I would be rich, but I digress, she would be wacking him on the head telling him to be quiet because you have embarrassed the family enough. She was not and Max is doing his Machiavellian best to cut down the evil doers. With FIA elections on the horizon Max is considering running again instead of stepping down and letting the FIA get on to the future.
telegraph.co.uk: RIA president Max Mosley knows whodunit in News of the World sting

corrieredellosport.it translated: Bahrain good for Massa

bmwf1blog.com: Is F1 cost cutting already failing?

11 February

Formula 1

BMW Sauber F1 Team - Test in Bahrain - Day two
02-11-2009 Press Release

Test in Bahrain.

Day two ÔÇô Wednesday

Weather conditions: Sunny in the early morning, sandstorms for the rest of the day.

Temperature: Air: 19 ÔÇô 23 ??C, Track: 20 ÔÇô 26 ??C

Fastest lap overall: Felipe Massa (Scuderia Ferrari) 1:33.639 min

Robert Kubica
Test kilometres today: 120 (22 laps)
Fastest lap: 1:34.398 min

Programme:
The day started with perfect weather allowing the BMW Sauber F1 Team to work on the development of the new car. However, from 10 oÔÇÖclock a sandstorm started, reducing visibility significantly. The conditions meant the medical helicopter would not have been able to fly, so the session was stopped. As the weather conditions did not improve during the day the session was not re-started.

What comes next:
There will be two more days of testing this week in Bahrain. Robert Kubica will be at the wheel of the BMW Sauber F1.09 again tomorrow.

Here are two videos from last yearÔÇÖs BMW Sauber F1 campaign and deal with the ÔÇÿfactoryÔÇÖ at Hinwil.

<object width="480" height="295"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/YGjEGuYL3hs&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/YGjEGuYL3hs&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="295"></embed></object>

<object width="480" height="295"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZkAjxihrrNY&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZkAjxihrrNY&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="295"></embed></object>

AT&T Williams

Jerez test day two

Ferrari

Sand storms kept Ferrari in the gargae

ING Reanult

Jerez test day two

McLaren

formula1.com: Jerez day two ÔÇô Kovalainen tops ÔÇÖ09 runners as Webber returns

Red Bull Racing

Mark Webber ÔÇô back on track ÔÇô Jerez test day two

[/b]Toro Rosso[/b]

Sebastien Buemi ÔÇô Jerez test day two

Toyota F1

Bahrain Test ÔÇô Turn the sand down

F1 News

What strike?
autosport.com: FIA receives first license application

pitpass.com: British GP???

Your an incredible fan Mika.

I love F1 as well. I had great seats in the J-Stand high enough to look over the fence clearly seeing the starting grid, turns 1-6 at Indianapolis, for five straight years. I enjoyed ever year, even the Michelin debacle.

Hopefully, F1 will return to the states and IMS. Since the last race, IMS has changed the current turn one of the MOTOGP and the last turn of the former F1 race. The last corner almost took Ralph Schumacher's life. These change adds an additional four turns and additional great seats in Stands B, E, and Southwest Vista. I currently have front row Stand E - Penthouse seats for the MOTOGP race.

The incredible beautify of an F1 car is amplified by the sound of the motor cranking out 19,000 RPMs. These are true race cars and undeniably, the highest form of racing in the world. I really miss not hearing the sound of the engines each year and watching the greatest racers in the world. I saw Louis Hamilton win his first race there and Michael Schumacher win several races at IMS. In my mind, he is the finest auto racer to ever live. He even won with Ford V8s. I will never forget watching Michael Schumacher ride up next to me behind gasoline alley on a Harley V-Rod. What a thrill! My wife was even excited.

Keep up the good work on the post.

Last edited:
Your an incredible fan Mika.

I love F1 as well. I had great seats in the J-Stand high enough to look over the fence clearly seeing the starting grid, turns 1-6 at Indianapolis, for five straight years. I enjoyed ever year, even the Michelin debacle.

Hopefully, F1 will return to the states and IMS. Since the last race, IMS has changed the current turn one of the MOTOGP and the last turn of the former F1 race. The last corner almost took Ralph Schumacher's life. These change adds an additional four turns and additional great seats in Stands B, E, and Southwest Vista. I currently have front row Stand E - Penthouse seats for the MOTOGP race.

The incredible beautify of an F1 car is amplified by the sound of the motor cranking out 19,000 RPMs. These are true race cars and undeniably, the highest form of racing in the world. I really miss not hearing the sound of the engines each year and watching the greatest racers in the world. I saw Louis Hamilton win his first race there and Michael Schumacher win several races at IMS. In my mind, he is the finest auto racer to ever live. He even won with Ford V8s. I will never forget watching Michael Schumacher ride up next to me behind gasoline alley on a Harley V-Rod. What a thrill! My wife was even excited.

Keep up the good work on the post.

Thank you!

F1 News

telegraph.co.uk: Max Mosley stands firm over Formula One licenses

BMW Sauber F1

f1network.com: Theissen strikes back at Mosley

AT&T Williams

Jerez test day three

Ferrari

ferrariwold.com ÔÇô a lost day

Honda, A.K.A. ???

Rumor ÔÇô The Honda F1 story and its Kawasaki MotoGP two wheeled evil twin just wonÔÇÖt die. The odd thing to me about this is the inclusion of Senna in the mix.
f1.automot365.com: Honda Racing has been saved and will run with Button and Senna

ING Reanult

Jerez testing day three

McLaren

[url=http://www.mclaren.com/latestnews/mclaren-news.php?article=238]HeikkiÔÇÖs reaction to his first day outing in the MP4 24

Red Bull Racing

[url=http://www.redbullracing.com/Team/Sebastian-Vettel/News/Jerez--Test--Day-Three/]Jerez testing day three

[/b]Toro Rosso[/b]

Jerez testing day three

formula1.com: Q&A with Sebastien Bourdais

Toyota F1

Bahrain testing day 3 ÔÇô Sand Still

USF1

grandprix.com: The USF1 team plans a launch

14 Febuary

You may want to bookmark the season guide page from ÔÇô [/url=http://www.f1network.net/main/s107/st140099.htm]f1network.net[/url], then again maybe not.

The rumblings about upset drivers continue in F1. There has been speculation about a strike. The thought of rich young men strikingoops that sounds like baseball. The drives association has never appeared to be a union in any sense of the term. How united are the drivers against the FIA treatment of them?
paddocktalk.com: Did Vettel break ranks???

2009 Rules as Red Bull Sees them
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/zTkVKPdyWs0&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/zTkVKPdyWs0&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Formula 1 Team News

BMW Sauber F1

BMW Sauber F1 Team - Test in Bahrain - Day four
02-13-2009 Press Release

Test in Bahrain.

Day four - Friday

Weather conditions: Some fog early in the morning, sunny for the rest of the day.

Temperature: Air: 16 ÔÇô 21 ??C, Track: 21 ÔÇô 29 ??C

Fastest lap overall: Kimi Raikk?Ânen (Scuderia Ferrari) 1:33.325 min

Christian Klien
Test kilometres today: 677 (125 laps)
Fastest lap: 1:33.666 min

Programme:
Finally with perfect weather, the BMW Sauber F1 Team resumed its test programme on the last day of this weekÔÇÖs running. Christian Klien concentrated on set-up work and tried different tyre compounds. With the car running for 125 laps (677 kms), the engineers were able to collect a lot of data on the carÔÇÖs behaviour in warm weather conditions.

ÔÇ£In the morning the track was still slightly wet as a result of being cleaned after yesterdayÔÇÖs sandstorm. Because of this it took some time to build up a proper grip level. That gave me the opportunity to get used to the BMW Sauber F1.09, which I drove for the very first timeÔÇØ, Klien said. ÔÇ£In the afternoon the track conditions were much better and we were able to go ahead with our test programme as scheduled.ÔÇØ

What comes next:
The BMW Sauber F1 Team stays in Bahrain where four more days of testing are scheduled for next week. On Monday Christian Klien will be at the wheel of the BMW Sauber F1.09, from Tuesday to Thursday Nick Heidfeld will take over testing duties.

f1network.net: ÔÇ£MarathonÔÇØ for Klien to collect data in Bahrain

AT&T Williams

Jerez Test Summary

Ferrari[url]

[url=http://www.ferrariworld.com/FWorld/fw/index.jsp?jump=FERRARI/WORLD/NEWS/PRESS-OFFICE&language=en]Raikkonen first at tests at Sakhir

[/b]Force India F1[/b]

Honda, A.K.A. ???

paddocktalk.com: 10-day countdown to HondaÔÇÖs future???

f1complete.com: Honda rescue good for four races

reuters.com: Ecclestone working to save Honda F1 team

ING Reanult

Interview with Bob Bell

McLaren

telegraph.co.uk: McLaren delighted as Lewis Hamilton ends week on top

Red Bull Racing

Jerez test day 4

[/b]Toro Rosso[/b]

Jerez test day 4

Toyota F1[url]

[url=http://www.toyota-f1.com/en/season/gp2009/test/090213/090213.html?F=RSS]Bahrain testing day 4: Back in Dune

USF1

autosport.com: USF1 project sets date for launch

grandprix.com: Getting momentum behind the USF1 team

The GPDA is a joke, IMO. To say that guys like Sebastien Bourdais has the same career concerns as Hamilton or Alonso or even Massa is patently absurd. Each F1 driver, at least in the top 2/3 of the ranks, is his own brand, and as such has particularly unique circumstances. The sponsorship and endorsement contracts alone constitute a full-time business apart from their racing duties. I should think that the contractual terms of those activities are far more onerous than those that BernieMaxCorpÔäó have. I doubt very much that any driver worth his salt would even think twice about a strike.

I can see Button on the picket line, though. :whistle

16 February 2009

F1 News

crash.net: Klien, BMW lead way as progress finally made in Bahrain

formula1.com: Ferrari, BMW Sauber, Toyota testing again in Bahrain

f1-live.com: Lauda has no interest in F1 foray

Formula 1 Team News

BMW Sauber F1[/url][/url]
BMW Sauber F1 Team - Test in Bahrain - Week two/Day one
02-16-2009 Press Release

Test in Bahrain.

February 16th ÔÇô 19th 2009

Week two / Day one ÔÇô Monday

Weather conditions: Sunny all day.

Temperature: Air: 20 ÔÇô 28 ??C, Track: 22 ÔÇô 35 ??C

Fastest lap overall: Christian Klien (BMW Sauber F1 Team) 1:32.544 min

Christian Klien
Test kilometres today: 709 (131 laps)
Fastest lap: 1:32.544 min

Programme:
On the first of this weekÔÇÖs four days of testing in Bahrain the BMW Sauber F1.09 completed a total of 709 kms (131 laps). In perfect weather conditions Christian Klien worked on the mechanical and aero set-up of the car, as well as trying different tyre compounds. He concluded todayÔÇÖs session by doing several start simulations.

ÔÇ£Today was a very productive dayÔÇØ, Klien said. ÔÇ£We collected a lot of data and I even did a long run at the end of the session. Again we didnÔÇÖt have a single technical problem, which is very encouraging.ÔÇØ

What comes next:
The BMW Sauber F1 Team will continue testing in Bahrain for three more days. From tomorrow Nick Heidfeld will take over driving duties.

Understanding Forumula One: Factory Hinwil Atrium
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/wKdnnoTAkZE&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/wKdnnoTAkZE&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

AT&T Williams

f1network.net: Williams F1 2009 facts and stats

f1complete.com: No KERS for Williams until June

Ferrari[url]

[url=http://www.forceindiaf1.com/]Force India F1

f1netwrok.net: Two weeks before the action starts

Honda, A.K.A. ???

corrieredellosport.it: translated ÔÇô Honda ready to get back into the race

telegraph.co.uk: Honda deny asking for government handout

telegraph.co.uk: Bruno Senna has not joined Honda

This rumor continues even though there are legal reasons it isnÔÇÖt suppose to be possible.
f1network.net: Ecclestone helping out at Honda?

ING Reanult

I have been waiting for this for some time
reuters.com: Renault say cost cuets will theam in F1s Renault team

bbc.co.uk: Global crisis hit Renault

formula1.com: Q&A ÔÇô RanaultÔÇÖs Bob Bell

McLaren

Red Bull Racing

Toro Rosso

Toyota F1[url]

[url=http://www.usf1.com/]USF1

autosport.com: USF1 interested in testing Patrick

paddocktalk.com: Danica Patrick to formula 1Seriously???

17 February

F1 News

Formula 1 Team News

BMW Sauber F1[/url]

BMW Sauber F1 Team - Test in Bahrain - Week two/Day two
02-17-2009 Press Release

Test in Bahrain.

February 16th – 19th 2009

Week two / Day two – Tuesday

Weather conditions: Sunny in morning, hazy in the afternoon.

Temperature: Air: 20 – 29 ??C, Track: 21 – 35 ??C

Fastest lap overall: Kimi Raikk?Ânen (Scuderia Ferrari) 1:32.102 min

Nick Heidfeld
Test kilometres today: 563 (104 laps)
Fastest lap: 1:32.585 min

Programme:
Despite the weather not being as perfect as yesterday, the BMW Sauber F1 Team continued with development work on the F1.09 car. Nick Heidfeld concentrated on the mechanical set-up, trying various specifications of dampers and torsion bars. He also did a couple of practice starts in the morning and at the end of the session.

“Today I drove the new BMW Sauber F1.09 in warm weather conditions for the first time, so the most important thing for me was to learn more about the general balance of the car”, Heidfeld said after completing xxxx laps. “Overall it was a good day because I tried a lot of different set-up solutions. I already feel happy about how the car reacts to changes.”

In the morning the car stopped on the track when a standard kill switch accidentally cut off the main electronic control unit and engaged the automatic fire extinguishing system. With some modifications to the switch linkage – and a cleaned up car – Heidfeld resumed testing.

What comes next:
Tomorrow Nick Heidfeld will be at the wheel of the BMW Sauber F1.09 again for another day of testing at Bahrain’s Sakhir circuit.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/huTo7iqyejk&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/huTo7iqyejk&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

<object width="480" height="295"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/TKCw8exjWo8&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/TKCw8exjWo8&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="295"></embed></object>

autosport.com: Heidfeld encouraged with set-up work

AT&T Williams

Ferrari

Force India F1

Honda, A.K.A. ???

grandprix.com: Two bidders for Honda

grandprix.com: Could it be Virgin?

corrieredellsport.it translated: Honda, offered by owner of Virgin

ING Reanult

crash.net: Renault admits 63 jobs are on the line

McLaren

autosport.com: Raikkonen tops test despite KERS scare

Red Bull Racing

Toro Rosso

Toyota F1

USF1

F1 News

correredellosport.it: Circus, the plans of FOTA

Formula 1 Team News

Links to the official team sites and team specific stories

BMW Sauber F1[/url]

BMW Sauber F1 Team - Test in Bahrain - Week two/Day three
02-18-2009 Press Release

Test in Bahrain.

February 16th ÔÇô 19th 2009

Week two / Day three ÔÇô Wednesday

Weather conditions: sunny and fairly windy all day

Air temperature: 19 ÔÇô 22 ??C, track temperature: 20 ÔÇô 29 ??C

Fastest lap overall: Timo Glock (Toyota) 1:32.492 min

Nick Heidfeld
Test kilometres today: 444 (82 laps)
Fastest lap: 1:32.993 min

Programme:
TodayÔÇÖs testing schedule comprised basic development work with the BMW Sauber F1.09. Nick Heidfeld tried different set-up solutions, did a couple of practice starts and evaluated tyre options. Whereas in the morning everything went according to plan, in the afternoon the car stopped twice on the track due to mechanical problems.

ÔÇ£Obviously that cost us some track time,ÔÇØ Heidfeld said. ÔÇ£But despite this I managed to run for 444 kilometres and we made good progress with the development of the car. We are still learning the car and have already identified a few areas where we can make improvements.ÔÇØ

What comes next:
Tomorrow will see the last of a total of eight test days on BahrainÔÇÖs Sakhir circuit. Nick Heidfeld will again be at the wheel of the BMW Sauber F1.09.
Understanding Forumula 1 ÔÇô Factory Hinwil ÔÇô Autoclaves
<object width="480" height="295"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/geLec88QaA8&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/geLec88QaA8&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="295"></embed></object>

AT&T Williams

Good sponsor news
Extended PPG agreement

Ferrari
Updates on Sakhir testing

Force India F1

Honda, A.K.A. ???

Isn't this part of what got Max in trouble last year? :blush oops different subject
bbc.co.uk: Virgin involved in Honda F1 talks

ING Reanult

McLaren

Lewis shows karting support as he revisits his roots

Red Bull Racing

Toro Rosso

Toyota F1

Bahrain testing ÔÇô Middle Eastern promise

USF1

F1 News

Video Link
USF! Team Announcement on Speed TV

bbc.co.uk: ÔÇÿLine drawnÔÇÖ under F1 spy scandal

f1complete.com: Teams to agree 2009 engine rules tweak

planet-f1.com: Nick ÔÇô New rules will help with overtaking

Formula 1 Team News

BMW Sauber F1

f1network.net: Insight info of the teams current test performance

The countdown is on 1/3
<object width="480" height="295"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Fg-3DxNNEKs&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Fg-3DxNNEKs&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="295"></embed></object>

32/3
<object width="480" height="295"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/u1s4zZUfn3M&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/u1s4zZUfn3M&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="295"></embed></object>

3/3
<object width="480" height="295"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/KwzvyqJTc4w&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/KwzvyqJTc4w&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="295"></embed></object>

Wind Tunnel
<object width="480" height="295"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/KwzvyqJTc4w&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/KwzvyqJTc4w&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="295"></embed></object>

Hinwil ÔÇô Truck haul
<object width="480" height="295"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/rZGRpN_AiSU&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/rZGRpN_AiSU&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="295"></embed></object>

Hinwil ÔÇô Clean Room
<object width="480" height="295"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/rVJbxcLNbJU&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/rVJbxcLNbJU&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="295"></embed></object>

AT&T Williams

Ferrari

Force India F1

f1network.com: Force IndiaÔÇÖs VJM02 busts into life

Honda, A.K.A. ???

autosport.com: Honda team future looking ÔÇÿgoodÔÇÖ

telegraph.co.uk: Honda and Jenson Button face uncertain future with buyer hard to find

f1network.net: Honda F1 to race again!

ING Reanult

McLaren

Red Bull Racing

Toro Rosso

Toyota F1

USF1

f1-live.com: The USF1 project [will be] presented Tuesday

paddocktalk.com: Who will drive for USF1?

F1 News

formula1.com: Madin in America ÔÇô a brief history of American Formula 1 teams

Formula 1 Team News

BMW Sauber F1

f1network.com: Christian Klein a challenge lover.

AT&T Williams

reuters.com: RBS to end Williams F1 sponsorship in 2010

Ferrari

Force India F1

Honda, A.K.A. ???

bbc.co.uk: Ex-Honda team closes on F1 return

ING Reanult

McLaren

Red Bull Racing

Toro Rosso

Toyota F1

USF1

reuters.com: Stoddart skeptical of U.S. teamÔÇÖs chances

bbc.co.uk: US team plans to enter F1 in 2010

F1 News

fkormula1.com: Green band to distinguish softer tires in 2009

reuters.com: Return to America still some way off, says Williams

autosport.com: Unhappy drivers to pay superlicences

f1complete.com: Max Mosley to visit Rome

Formula 1 Team News

BMW Sauber F1

AT&T Williams

Ferrari

Force India F1

Honda, A.K.A. ???

Given the source and the fact that Kawasaki is going to run a one bike team in MotoGP I have to believe this story.
timesonline.co.uk: EXCLUSIVE ÔÇô Honda saved from the Formula One scrapheap

ING Reanult

crash.net: Axe falls on up to 50 jobs at Renault F1

McLaren

Red Bull Racing

redbullracing.com: Spanish Test II

Toro Rosso

scuderiatororosso.com: A friendly message to the media

Toyota F1

USF1

crash.net: Busch, AJ open to USF1, Danica and Marco more cautious

F1 News

Press Release
FIA Formula One World Championship
27/02/2009

In view of the difficult economic conditions which continue to affect Formula One sponsors and major car manufacturers, the FIA is preparing radical proposals for 2010.

If adopted by the World Motor Sport Council, the new regulations will enable a team to compete for a fraction of current budgets but nevertheless field cars which can match those of the established teams.

These regulations will not affect the established teams which now have stable backing from the major car manufacturers, but will enable new teams to fill the existing vacancies on the grid for 2010 and make it less likely that any team will be forced to leave the Championship.

The proposals will be submitted to the World Council on 17 March.

f1network.net: Soft Compounds on the rise

telegraph.co.uk: Martin Whitmarsh, new team principal at McLaren, calls for better management of Formula One

f1complete.com: Three F1 teams tested this week

Formula 1 Team News

BMW Sauber F1

AT&T Williams

planet-f1.com: Michael ÔÇô others will copy our diffuser design

AT&T Williams new livery
482783549_sKHyg-L.jpg

Ferrari

Force India F1

f1-live.com: National colours for the Force India car

formula1.com: Force IndiaÔÇÖs Sutil, Fisichella and Liuzzi on the VJM02

Force India Launch photos

482783538_r6zwT-L.jpg

482783556_BX6qj-L.jpg

482783577_6fMpK-L.jpg

482783497_kkzoE-L.jpg

482783521_yCzEr-L.jpg

Honda, A.K.A. ???

f1network.com: Announcement due as ex Honda F1 team saved

PaddockTalk.com rumor section is brimming with Honda rumors ÔÇô

Details on Honda Buyout???

Honda Cutting 300 Jobs, B
Utton slashing salary in half???

Lifeline for Barrichello???

ING Reanult

McLaren

Red Bull Racing

Toro Rosso

Toyota F1

Toyota has been a rumor mill in and out team. As an engine supplier it is ever more important in the new schemes that F1 is developing but will they pull out after this season as paddocktalk.com says Kaz Nakajima suggests is possible?

USF1

USF1 ÔÇô Formula1.com:

crash.net: F1 hs allure but would NASCAR stars move. [could they cut it?]

autosport.com: Kyle Busch open to F1

Exclusive Peter Windsor Interview:
Part I
Part II

Danica Watch ÔÇô St. Petersburg Times

Danica Patrick was the guest on a talk show promoting the April 5th Grand Prix of St. Petersburg. During the interview she was asked about the USF1 ride rumors that have included her name. From the St. Petersburg Times article on the itnerview:

Q: So the owners of the new Charlotte-based F1 team floated your nam as a driver candidate. Have you spoken with them? And are you interested?

A: The first question: No. Am I interested in it? I would never say never, but it wouldnÔÇÖt be something that IÔÇÖd search out. But IÔÇÖd be happy to listen. Listening never hurt anyone. ItÔÇÖs interesting, right? My name is out there and IÔÇÖve been asked how many times about it, and theyÔÇÖve still not called.

Later in the interview she was asked about NASCAR and played very coy about that as a future option. She did not see that as such a big leap in terms of schedule and the progression of North American driver careers as a jump to F1 would be.

I hope she remains very cautious about involvement with the USF1 team and F1 for a couple of reasons.

She is a great generator of press for open wheeled racing in North America. Open wheeled racing would survive her leaving but I think it will weather these tough economic times better if she stays.

From a personal finance standpoint she would have to weigh what endorsement money would be in the jump and if that would be very short lived. Taking a ride with a new team, new to F1 would turn a bright spotlight on her while putting her under a huge microscope. Combine a bright light with a magnifying glass and you can start a fire or burn up ants. She and USF1 could set the racing world on fire. The reality is that the move to F1 could burn up one of my favorite Indycar driverÔÇÖs career in the process.

The prospects for the development of this team in the current world of F1 are daunting. Even with the cost savings proposals for F1. As excited as I may be I donÔÇÖt want see a driver I like possibly throw their open wheeled career away to be part of a second tier F1 team racing to beat the Red Bull/Toro Rossi teams or punching it out with Force India and the revived Honda (a.k.a. what?) for the back marker title of the F1 world.

Formula 1 Team News

Testing has begun in Jerez. We often sluff this off but as grandprix.com is quick to point out this is the first time all of the known teams are testing in one place at the same time. This will give some insight into how the grid will stack up with the various changes in car regulations, teams, engine suppliers and KERS.

DonÔÇÖt take your career change job search to F1 if Max has his way.
paddoctalk.com: Budget caps to force teams to slash jobs

In addition to slashing jobs testing time continues to be slashed and McLarenÔÇÖs De la Rosa thinks that is a safety issue for the reserves. Under the new rules would Vettel have scored points in his first GP race ever when he stepped in for Kubica after Canada in 2007? Or, would he have been a hazard to himself and the rest of the field?
autosport.com Test ban unsafe for reserves

BMW Sauber F1

BMW Sauber F1 Team - Test in Jerez - Day one
03-01-2009 Press Release

Test in Jerez.

March 1st ÔÇô 5th 2009

Day one ÔÇô Sunday

Weather conditions: Overcast all day, light rain in the afternoon.

Temperature: Air: 15 ÔÇô 18 ??C, Track: 14 ÔÇô 19 ??C

Number of drivers participating: 8 from 8 teams

Fastest lap overall: Sebastian Vettel (Red Bull Racing) 1:19.055 min

Circuit length: 4.428 km

Robert Kubica
Chassis / engine: BMW Sauber F1.09-03 / BMW 86/9
Test kilometres today: 209 (47 laps)
Fastest lap: 1:21.292 min
483834231_mXX2w-XL.jpg

Programme:
For the BMW Sauber F1 Team the main focus of todayÔÇÖs programme was to test the 2010 specification tyres. The goal was to give the Bridgestone engineers feedback on next yearÔÇÖs compounds. Robert Kubica was at the wheel for the first of five days of testing in Jerez. In the morning the team decided to make a precautionary engine change after sensors indicated there was a problem. It then began to drizzle just as Kubica resumed testing. As several parts of the track were wet, the team switched from tyre testing to race start simulations.

ÔÇ£Unfortunately I couldnÔÇÖt drive as many laps as planned. In the afternoon the session was interrupted by five red flags and the changing weatherÔÇØ, Robert Kubica said after completing 47 laps. ÔÇ£Because of this I expect a very busy day tomorrow.ÔÇØ

What comes next:
The BMW Sauber F1 Team will be testing in Jerez until Thursday. Tomorrow and on Tuesday Robert Kubica will be on duty, while for the last two days Nick Heidfeld will take over the BMW Sauber F1.09.

bmwf1blog.com Day on in Jerez spells a small problem for Kubica
AT&T Williams - updates

f1network.com: Back to testing for Williams
Ferrari - updates

Force India F1

formula1.com: Positive first day for new Force India

Talk about trying to set high expectations. Force India did not score a point and took a very long time to have a car finish a race in 2008.
formula1.com: Exclusive Fisichella Q&A ÔÇô Force India can trouble midfield in 2009.

Honda, A.K.A. ???

crash.net: What should the ÔÇÿnew Honda F1 team be called

Assuming there is a deal and they are able to sign sponsors

crash.net: Emirates denies Honda F1 deal
ING Renault

McLaren

planet-f1.com: De La Rosa explains McLarenÔÇÖs slow pace

Red Bull Racing

Toro Rosso

Toyota F1 - updates

USF1

F1 News

formula1.com: Jerez day two
formula1.com: Jerez day three
Formula 1.com Interviews with Sebastian Vettel and Adrian Sutil

autosport.com: Q&A with Robert Kubica

Massa on reforming F1
f1complete.com: Massa wants shorter f1 races

Does this make sense and would it really save any money? It plays into the idea that increasing engine life is done by reducing rpm and time on the track thus saving money. There would be some savings on expendables such as tires and fuel. No savings on pit crews as they are made up from the mechanics for the teamÔÇÖs car pulling that duty.

The race length is already potentially trimmed by time limit to make it fit into television format. Would further shortening length cost revenues by cutting world wide advertising minutes?

What do you think? :ears

Formula 1 Team News

BMW Sauber F1

BMW Sauber F1 Team - FxPro is new partner.
03/04/2009

FxPro is new partner of BMW Sauber F1 Team.
"Formula One is an ideal platform and BMW the perfect partner."

Munich/Hinwil, 4th March 2009. The next test in Barcelona this coming week will see the BMW Sauber F1.09 out on track with a brand-new partner on board: the world leading forex broker FxPro will be part of the team's livery with its branding on the highly visible spaces on the front wing and side mirrors. The company's logo will also appear on the drivers' helmets and overalls, as well as the team's clothing, trucks and pit equipment.

BMW Motorsport Director Mario Theissen: "We are delighted about our new collaboration with FxPro. Particularly in economically challenging times such as the present, it is a great achievement for our BMW Sauber F1 Team and for Formula One to have gained another strong partner."

Ilya Holeu, Marketing Manager of FxPro, sums up the rationale behind this wide ranging involvement over several years: "In Formula One we see an ideal platform and in BMW the perfect partner to collaborate with at a global level, and at the same time present ourselves in a perfect environment. Internationalism, dynamism and high-tech are attributes of Formula One that seem tailor-made to match FxPro."

FxPro is an award winning online forex broker specialising in currency pairs, stocks, futures and precious metals. FxPro is a recognised powerhouse and financial partner for traders in Europe, Asia, the Middle East and the Americas, reflecting cutting-edge technology and customer care. The FxPro trade name is owned by EuroOrient Securities and Financial Services Ltd.

Further information at www.FxPro.com.

BMW Sauber must think we are Jonesing for some track action ÔÇô A lap a Budapest with Robert Kubica from 2008
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/5UitDjEMGrU&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/5UitDjEMGrU&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

AT&T Williams
Ferrari

Force India F1

Honda, A.K.A. ???

pitpass.com: Mallya admits to giving Honda Mercedes all-clear

bbc.co.uk: Ex-honda team ready to run F1 car

ING Renault

telegraph.co.uk: Rubens Barrichello to retain F1 seat at soon to be renamed Honda team

grandprix.com: McGory becomes company secretary of Honda Racing F1

The rumor on most blogs is the deal will be announced Thursday 4 March.

McLaren

Red Bull Racing

Toro Rosso

Toyota F1

USF1

F1 News

ing-renaultf1.com: Text of press release ÔÇô FOTAÔÇÖs Roadmap for the Future of Formula One

When did Nigel become a member of the Grumpy Old Man wing of the MOA?
telegraph.co.uk: Lewis HamiltonÔÇÖs F1 world title not as credible as mine, says Nigel Mansell

Is Renault serious or is this posturing for a larger share/ protecting share if Honda deal goes through?
corrieredellosport.it translated: Renault may leave F1

Formula 1 Team News ÔÇô Click through to the team sites for their Jerez updates

BMW Sauber F1

BMW Sauber F1 Team - Test in Jerez - Day four
03-04-2009 Press Release
Test in Jerez.

March 1st ÔÇô 5th 2009

Day four ÔÇô Wednesday

Weather conditions: Overcast all day, strong winds in the afternoon.

Temperature: Air: 11 ÔÇô 19 ??C, Track: 11 ÔÇô 21 ??C

Number of drivers participating: 8 from 8 teams

Fastest lap overall: Fernando Alonso (Renault) 1:19.945 min

Circuit length: 4.428 km

Nick Heidfeld
Chassis / engine: BMW Sauber F1.09-03 / BMW 86/9
Test kilometres today: 439 (99 laps)
Fastest lap: 1:20.520 min

Programme:
TodayÔÇÖs work for Nick Heidfeld started with the mechanical set-up of the BMW Sauber F1.09. He also did a so-called ÔÇÿrun-out of fuel runÔÇÖ which resulted in him stopping out on the track. This standard procedure allows the engineers to compare telemetry readings with the carÔÇÖs actual fuel level. After the lunch break HeidfeldÔÇÖs main focus switched to tyres and brakes. He also did a couple of race start simulations completing a total of 99 laps.

ÔÇ£The strong wind affected todayÔÇÖs work a little bitÔÇØ, Heidfeld said. ÔÇ£Nevertheless I was able to work with various tyre compounds and try a lot of different solutions for the carÔÇÖs set-up. That gives me a good base to work on tomorrow.ÔÇØ

What comes next:
Tomorrow Nick Heidfeld will conclude the BMW Sauber F1 TeamÔÇÖs four day test at Jerez.

AT&T Williams
Ferrari

Force India F1

Honda, A.K.A. ???

ING Renault

formula1.com: Jerez day four ÔÇô Alonso back on top

McLaren

bbc.co.uk: McLaren face hard work - Hamilton

Red Bull Racing

Toro Rosso

Toyota F1

USF1