• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

Chicago International Cycle Show-Rosemont

ultracyclist

I plan on seeing the show on Saturday, 2/7. Hopefully the record blizzard of '09 will bypass the midwest and go to Key West, FLA.
Anyone interested in meeting up at the MOA booth and then going for lunch?
Rebecca V?, Manicmechanic? Wezul? Woodnsteel? Hodag? Sue RM? and about 40,000 other members?

Last edited:
Ted Moyer to the white courtesy phone please

BMW MOA will have a booth.
I am not sure BMW NA will have one.

I will edit my previous post for clarity.

tryin'

doin' my best to get involved in the 'unemployment thing' that's goin' around so I can spend more time w bikey people. let's do lunch!:dance

BMW MOA will be there. BMW should also have their typical manufacturer's display as well.

Last edited:
I wish I could remember where, but I did see where BMW was planning to be in Chicago. I'm hoping my schedule will allow me to do the same.

I'll be there Fri, Sat, & Sun, working the booth with the Manleys and Ted Moyer. Could do lunch!

Let us know what you had in mind!
:thumb

I was thinking in terms of meeting up at the MOA booth about 12:45pm.
Surely some of the locals know about good places within walking distance.
I have had lunch at the Hyatt, and it was good, but hotel prices are always a bit higher.

On the other hand, we could coordinate grills, kegs, and sausages and show the world how it is really done! Randy, are you up for the challenge?

I'll be coordinating a van full of folks for the trip, so I don't think there will be room for the "necessities." But meeting up for lunch sounds doable.

What kind and how many? Then we need to find a place to smoke them. Some Bourbon or single-malt Scotch would go well, too. Whaddya got?

Meet you there..

Hey Ultra, Manic, Sounds like a bunch of folks are going. Count me in. I think the Mrs2beers will be there as well! Look forward to meeting you.

How much are tickets this year?

:dunno

I just purchased five tickets, 3 adult and 2 kids, paid $39. Got the BMWMOA discount of $3 on each adult ticket and they were offering a $1 discount on adult tickets online yesterday.

a lunch idea

For lunch, one could walk a couple blocks north from the conv. ctr. to the CTA Blue Line, River Road Stop, then go one stop toward the Loop ( about a 2 Minute ride),to the Cumberland Stop, then walk a couple blocks from Cumberland to a Bennigans at 8420 Bryn Mawr, or to a nice little (dozen or so tables, tops) Thai place called The Golden Elephant at 712 Higgins Rd.

Each walk, to and from the train, should only be 5 minutes or so, plus a potential wait for the train of maybe as much as ten minutes, and, as i mentioned, the 2 minute ride itself. I belive the fare is $2, but the return ride might be either less than $2 or even free.

I believe the parking garage does NOT offer in and out priviledges

There is a bus load--really--of us going up from St. Louis on Sunday. Gateway BMW chartered a bus and I expect that all 56 seats will be full. Cost is only $50 a person and that includes admission to the show. $38 round trip to Chicago and not having to drive--can't beat that.

Back