• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

BMW Boot Sizing vs Sidi Boot Sizing

K

KLENNOP

Hey everyone,

I am wondering if anyone has a pair of BMW boots and also a pair of Sidi road/race style boots. I currently have a pair of BMW Santiago boots but I am going to buy a pair of Sidi boots. We don't have any local Sidi dealers and I am having a hard time finding info. For the bike shoes they have, there is a nice measuring chart but I don't know if that relates to the motorcycle boots?

Does anyone know how the sizing compares. My issue is that I wear a size 11.5-12 in Merrell shoes and according to BMW's chart, I should be a 47 but the BMW boot I have is a 45. So my dilema is that I am not sure if Sidi's boot sizing is like BMW's for me?

BMW Sizing
44 - 9.5
45 - 10
46 - 11
47 - 12

Does anyone have a pair of SIDI and BMW boots and if so is the European size the same on both boots?

Thanks!

For what it is worth, I have an old pair of BMW gore-tex boots in a 45, but wear a 47 in a Sidi, and if it is any help an 11-1/ D in new balance sneakers.

I had a pair of Sidi's and there were metricly sized.

I also have the Santiagos, i have a regular width foot and the Sidi fit very tight were as the Santiago has room without being loose.

From a personal persective i think the Santiago fits better for my foot.

If you get a chance try a pair on first before buying as the size may be the same but the fit may be different.

For what it is worth, I have an old pair of BMW gore-tex boots in a 45, but wear a 47 in a Sidi, and if it is any help an 11-1/ D in new balance sneakers.

This is what I have been looking for, I think I am going to go with a 47 or possibly buy 2 sizes and give them a try, then return one of them.

Semper Fi,
The bummer is that I don't have any local Sidi dealerships near me that I can try them on otherwise I would. I am trying to find a person in my local club that has a 45-47 in Sidi's that I could try on.

Hey everyone,

I am wondering if anyone has a pair of BMW boots and also a pair of Sidi road/race style boots. I currently have a pair of BMW Santiago boots but I am going to buy a pair of Sidi boots. We don't have any local Sidi dealers and I am having a hard time finding info. For the bike shoes they have, there is a nice measuring chart but I don't know if that relates to the motorcycle boots?

Does anyone know how the sizing compares. My issue is that I wear a size 11.5-12 in Merrell shoes and according to BMW's chart, I should be a 47 but the BMW boot I have is a 45. So my dilema is that I am not sure if Sidi's boot sizing is like BMW's for me?

BMW Sizing
44 - 9.5
45 - 10
46 - 11
47 - 12

Does anyone have a pair of SIDI and BMW boots and if so is the European size the same on both boots?

Thanks!

My Sidi boots are size 11 and my shoe is 10.5. Excellent fit. I can check the Euro size when I get back home tonight but that's my observation thus far. -Bob

I wear 10.5 or 11 US and that makes it 46 in SIDI's. Round up in question, that what they told me. I didn't and had to have another set sent. Motonation was really good and sent a second pair so I could compare without charging me. All they did was send a RMA for the return of the pair I didn't want. Of course they had my card number if I tried to screw them.

It is confusing.

I live in Germany, so am used to buying shoes in Europe sizing.

I wear an 11 American size. I have a pair of BMW Gore tex boots that are size 45.

Size 45 is what I wear in regular shoes, so I've always assumed size 45 = size 11.

I ordered a pair of Aerostich Combat Lite (Sidi) boots for Christmas this year, size 11 from Riderwearhouse. They are stamped "46" and are definetly "slightly larger than my BMW boots, although not "too" much larger than I'm going to return them.

Barron

Back