• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Cabin Fever

B

BobMielke

Arghhh! I couldn't stand it any more. A brand new Triumph Rocket III Touring in my garage with less than 20 miles on it. It's unholy!

I had to take a quick drive from work to pick up an antibiotic prescription yesterday during my lunch break. I noticed it wasn't below freezing & it wasn't raining. Hmmmm! I swapped vehicles at my apartment & rode the bike back to work. It's only 4 miles but those were just the miles I needed to rid myself of the motorcycle shakes. It's a physical pain not to be able to ride. I still haven't got 50 miles on the bike but I'm riding.

Good for you. It isn't the miles but grabbing the opportunity. :brad

You've been having some awful weather in Beaverton, Bob, but you should get some more riding opportunities soon. I commuted year-round when I lived in the Seattle area. Here it is minus 3 this morning. The cold makes the ice on the road sticker, but I think the bikes will have to stay in the garage for a while yet.

Know how you feel, Bob. Haven't got my first ride in for 2009 yet. I was hoping that this morning's rain would wash away the salt. I didn't figure on freezing rain. :lol It might be a bit longer for that first ride. Hope your weather clears up - can't wait to hear a real ride report on your new scoot.

Know how you feel, Bob. Haven't got my first ride in for 2009 yet. I was hoping that this morning's rain would wash away the salt. I didn't figure on freezing rain. :lol It might be a bit longer for that first ride. Hope your weather clears up - can't wait to hear a real ride report on your new scoot.

Again, I can relate. I wanted to ride Friday but when I left my apartment early in the morning there was a sheet of ice on my car windshield. New Years day it snowed a super warm slushy coat all over everything. It's overcast this morning but I'll try & get another short tide in to get a haircut, pick up a few groceries & any other excuse I can dream up.

Rode New Year's day to watch some nuts do a Polar Bear swim. It was 22 degrees here in Central PA, but the roads were dry. Got out yesterday for a bit as well, a balmy 33! Looking forward to temps above 40! Have you considered studded tires? :thumb

cabin fever

Don't feel bad, Bob; even our cats are in a funk.

But our warm up started today. :cat

i might go "borrow" a little 250 from the school i teach at next weekend, gotta "keep up my skills" so it's sort of like job related.

my bikes buried in snow up in MA right now.:violin

Took the wife's GS out for a little spin in the dirt up Loma Prieta Rd today with friends. Puddles were iced over. No one shot at us. Good times.

You guys need to be down here where every body says "Yall":laugh

Ralph Sims

Back