• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

No longer receiving thread notifications

Henry -

This feature is not something that I'm totally familiar with, but in looking at your settings, there appears to be a box checked for "Do not subscribe" which seems to take you out of being notified. Go up to My Profile, click on it, and find General Settings on the left side. Look at your messaging and notification settings.

Let us know if that helps.

Henry -

This feature is not something that I'm totally familiar with, but in looking at your settings, there appears to be a box checked for "Do not subscribe" which seems to take you out of being notified. Go up to My Profile, click on it, and find General Settings on the left side. Look at your messaging and notification settings.

Let us know if that helps.

Hi Kurt, thanks for getting back to me quickly. Shortly after posting this thread, I did find that feature and turned "Default Thread Subscription Mode" to "Instantly, using Email" - I believe it is the same as what you're recommending. Yet, I do not believe I received any email notification. I found your response by manually checking this thread.

Here is a print screen of the setting i have selected.

moa.PNG

Cheers,
Henry

Henry -

So, now it comes down to some testing or watching. Are you subscribed to any threads? Again, not knowing fully what happens, you'll have to get back to see if things are working now. For example, I'm wondering if you will get an email from my post...likely not.

One thing you might consider doing if there remains an issue, is to use log out button at the top right of the screen. Hopefully that will clear cookies and you can log back in and go from there. You might have to manually delete cookies for the MOA website.

Henry -

So, now it comes down to some testing or watching. Are you subscribed to any threads? Again, not knowing fully what happens, you'll have to get back to see if things are working now. For example, I'm wondering if you will get an email from my post...likely not.

One thing you might consider doing if there remains an issue, is to use log out button at the top right of the screen. Hopefully that will clear cookies and you can log back in and go from there. You might have to manually delete cookies for the MOA website.

Dear Kurt, guess what, I just received an email from MOA alerting me of your reply! I guess it is working now...maybe there is a time delay between my setting changes to take effect :). Let's hope that was the correct fix for this ailment.

Have a great day!
Henry

Back