• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

NYC, NY- NY Motorcycle Show 1/16-18

pecsok

Ride On!
Anybody planning on attending? I hope to ride up, but am concerned about parking. Anybody have any tips for riding/parking at the show?

parking

just park right to the right of the Building. Come done from the north and turn in the lot. Take a lock. It's not really legal, but there will be 100 bikes there anyway. Get an admissons ticket in advance. You DO NOT want to stand in line. Eat before you go... Take a bottle of water. Check your gear. I usually go every year, but at the end I say.."Why did I do this..?? Your results may vary. The cost of exhibiting and doing anything in NYC has put the damper on this show.

2 years ago I did see the kickoff of the new Victory Visions and talked to The King Richard Petty and Kyle. Good place to buy a helmet..

A lot of us will be there...

Jon, there's a recurring "bikeless rally", get-together that a bunch of us have been doing for the past few years occurring on the first day of the NYC Show called The Big Gig.

http://forums.bmwmoa.org/showthread.php?t=31268

As for the Javits parking, if you drive in, use a lot, if you ride, park where John suggested and don't worry about security. There are a lot of riders/bikers around.

I wonder if I can get the airline to consider my bike "Carry-on"? :p

There was no line for entry tickets last year - probably gets more crowded on Saturday than it does on a Friday mid-day.

I should still pre-purchase.

If coming from NJ (where Ocean County is) - we usually park in Weehaukin and take the ferry over. You can buy your show tickets at the ferry ticket booth. The ferry drops you directly behind Javitts on 11th Ave - 10 minute walk to the entrance. The ferrys run about every 20-30 minutes all day and late into the night. To get to the ferry - take the Lincoln Tunnel entrance off the Turnpike, and take the "Last Exit in NJ" - at the bottom of the hill, I believe you turn left (there is a sign there..)

Oh - on returning - you pay for your ferry parking before exiting the lot, so pay for it while you go through the ferry building.

Back