• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

North East Florida 2009 Winter Rally

murat1815

Hello fellow riders,

I recently became the proud owner of a R1200GS Adv. I also signed up for the Northeast Florida winter rally on February 13th ,14th and 15th.

More info about the rally can be found at http://www.bmwnef.org/

I live in South Florida (Fort Lauderdale area) and would love to ride along with others.

As a BMW newbie I'm just getting my feet wet at attending/camping out at a Rally, so the BMWNEF Winter Rally will be a first for me. Everyone have a Safe & Happy New Year :usa :usa

Happy New Year. I will be at the Rally again this year. Do not forget the cut off date is approaching fast. See you there.
We had our annual Penguin Lunch ride. I think we had 76 members for lunch.
See you at the rally.

Ride to rally from South Florida

Anyone interested in riding together from South Florida area to the rally site.

Please reply.

Thank you

ride to rally from south florida

Hi, my name is Roberto and I will be very happy to ride with you to the rally.

Last edited:
Rally ride from South Florida

Cool Baggio, its a plan.

We'll work out the particulars as we get closer to departure.

Only 9 days left to register. 85 reservations and 2 RV sites remain as of today. Ride Safe :usa :usa

Finally found the cancelled check...I'm in!

Now I just need a tent, a sleeping bag, under bag cushion, batteries for my white noise generator, cooffe pot/press, and o yea tell my wife.:wave

AND

If the day time high is under 70:scratch

Just kidding about the temp..:blah

But, based upon the schedule where is everyone staying the night before (12th)?

Opps
btw I'm coming up from the sarasota area.

Ride to Camp Blanding from South Florida

Only two weeks left:dance

Anyone knows any interesting routes from South Florida to Camp Blanding.

Turnpike or 95 are not really my first choice.
Baggio are you still game?
Anyone else wanna ride from South Florida to Camp Blanding?

27 to 19 to 100 to 301 to 16 and your there, 27,66,17,60,Redman Pkwy,Buchman Pkwy,301,16
Routes for the center of the state interesting look at Fla.

Ft. Lauderdale rental

I'm a well frozen Canadian that will be in the area during the rally but unfortunatly only for work. I finish up on the 21st and plan on renting a ride for a couple days. Any suggestions on where I might find something?
I so wish I didn't have to work for a living!!!!

I'm a well frozen Canadian that will be in the area during the rally but unfortunatly only for work. I finish up on the 21st and plan on renting a ride for a couple days. Any suggestions on where I might find something?
I so wish I didn't have to work for a living!!!!

i am unaware of rental services in the area, but having grown up down there, I can share with you that there are precious few places where riding is enjoyable.

the Everglades National Park is a good ride, with plenty of places to stop and walk around and enjoy the nature. bring bug spray.

go all the way to Flamingo. :thumb

ian

i am unaware of rental services in the area, but having grown up down there, I can share with you that there are precious few places where riding is enjoyable.

the Everglades National Park is a good ride, with plenty of places to stop and walk around and enjoy the nature. bring bug spray.

go all the way to Flamingo. :thumb

ian

I agree with Ian, if you've seen one pine tree, you've seen them all.. You can go a little west toward the Suwannee River (best fresh water springs in the world) or a little south east (Rodman Dam and the remnants of the Cross Florida Barge Canal).

thanks. Looks like I'll be starting out from Ft. Lauderdale on the the 21st. I guess it'll have to be a H.D rental. Lots of those around.
Any riding beats shoveling and shivering!!!

Ride to Camp Blanding from South Florida

Hi Murat, Yes I am still planning to ride.

Thanks guys. Renting a HD. Seems to be all I can find. I think I'll head north west maybe up around Lake Okeechobee . Any riding right now will be good. As long as the only white I see is sand. Not too much, I am on HD

Meet at Holiday Park at 7:00am on Friday

Only two weeks left:dance

Anyone knows any interesting routes from South Florida to Camp Blanding.

Turnpike or 95 are not really my first choice.
Baggio are you still game?
Anyone else wanna ride from South Florida to Camp Blanding?

I live on Miami Beach and I'll be meeting up with another South Florida rider at Holiday Park (Rt. 27 and Griffin Road) at 7:00am on Friday morning. We'll be taking the back roads (as much as possible) up to Camp Blanding. Send me a PM if you want more details or just meet us at Holiday Park. I ride a red GSA and he rides a grey LT. Cheers.

Mike

Meet at Holiday Park at 7:00am on Friday

I live in Jupiter, is possible to meet you on the way up to camp.

Back