• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

I rode to work this morning

OfficerImpersonator

Seattle-area Rounder
Usually I ride to work every morning, but the bike has been snowed in since December 12th, the last day I was able to ride.

Yesterday I spent five hours shoveling a block-long four-foot-wide path down my cul-de-sac to the cross street which DID get plowed. My body is killing me today for shoveling all that ice, slush and snow, but the fun of riding again made it all worthwhile.

My next-door-neighbor, the county sheriff motor officer, is none too happy that I've eliminated his excuse for not being able to get to work for the past two weeks.

Year Rounder

Yesterday I spent five hours shoveling a block-long four-foot-wide path down my cul-de-sac to the cross street which DID get plowed. My body is killing me today for shoveling all that ice, slush and snow, but the fun of riding again made it all worthwhile.

...proving that the moniker Houston-year-rounder doesn't hold the same meaning.

I just arrived in Dallas, TX. 70 degrees and sunshine

I am not looking forward to going home to Illinois next week.

ColdOne.jpg

Usually I ride to work every morning, but the bike has been snowed in since December 12th, the last day I was able to ride.

My next-door-neighbor, the county sheriff motor officer, is none too happy that I've eliminated his excuse for not being able to get to work for the past two weeks.

I'm in the Deep South, and even I have heard of a Snowblower. Shoveling by hand could give you a Heart attack :scratch

I'm in the Deep South, and even I have heard of a Snowblower. Shoveling by hand could give you a Heart attack :scratch

That which doesn't kill you only makes you stronger.

Besides, 20 inches of snow over a period of about 10 days happens once every 20 years here in the Seattle area. Usually we get a couple of inches that's washed away the next day by the next rain storm.

My brother-in-law in Anchorage needs the snowblower. I'll stick to my grain shovel :)

I'm loving the grime building up on my white bike. All that sand and de-icer has to go somewhere, I guess. I'm sure glad we don't use salt on our roads around here - I'd hate to bathe my bike in salty grime twice a day five days a week!

Back