• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Allright, what's wrong with this picture? (Picture of the Weak)

kstoo

Huckleberry, Gilera &Toad
428450945_5hps4-L.jpg
Picture of the Weak

OK, which one of youse airheads is this? Airhead doesn't refer to the color of your hair or what your skull cavity is filled with.

1. Remove you hat before putting on your helmet.
  2. Work gloves will do in a pinch, I guess.
  3. Removing the seat grab-rail doesn't necessarilly eliminate the possibility of unwanted hitch-skaters.
  4. Do you not see the need for knee-pads, elbow-pads or, for the love of mother, at LEAST gloves in this situation?
  5. If that stowaway bent that turn signal I would make him pay for it. Come on now!

On the positive side, I love the way that the background is blurred and the riders are perfectly focused. Good photography. But then, the photographer is not ...

you do realise that this effect can be created at speeds as slow as a walking pace?
Judging from the positioning of the clothes on the two riders, I'd say it was, too. Bravo.

turnsignals

turn-signals come off their notch and sag like that with very little provocation.
easily repositioned ÔÇô tighten the screw.

I had no idea a skateboarder could push an airhead so fast!

Exactly!!!! :thumb :thumb :thumb

At least someone realized that I was joking!
Lighten up, you old codgers! Do you really feel like you need to tell me how to fix a turn signal? Do you really believe that I might think that this irresponsible motorcyclist was going faster than a good trot? I can see the breeze pushing against their shirts and be able to calculate their speed from that. I just found it to be an interesting picture and was having some fun with it.

:whistle
:dunno

picture of the week

The turn signal is supposed to be crooked, from hanging helmets on it. It's an Airhead thing.

old codger ?

At least someone realized that I was joking!
Lighten up, you old codgers! Do you really feel like you need to tell me how to fix a turn signal?

you young punks just text the dealer, have them pick up the bike and take care of it, right ?
(apparently someone doesn't appreciate my humor)

I know ... it's all my fault. I was feeling really feisty and was being way too sarcastic and forgot to put a smiley face on the message so that you would know that I was just being silly. Here, I'll add that for you now ...
:brad

There, doesn't that make you giggle now?
Apparently this is a good thing if I can get you to call me a young punk 'cause I haven't heard that since, wow, about the time my oldest BMW was made!! Now, I'm feeling absolutely giddy and I think that I will go out and tighten up all my turn signals!!!

I'M JUST KIDDING!!! I love you, man!
Don't be hating, much respect.
stoo

Helmet Hangers

The turn signal is supposed to be crooked, from hanging helmets on it. It's an Airhead thing.

That's funny. It reminds me of an amazing scene I witnessed on the way to a Fourth of July picnic, way back in 1979.

Several of us Cliff & Betty ( 1 bike), Jim & Linda (2 bikes), Paul (1 bike) Steve (R100S) and myself (R100RS) (all BMWs) rode from Enid Oklahoma to a mudhole called Lake Canton, the purpose being a 4th of July picnic.

Holy crap, it was HOT! It was so freaking hot that everybody was sweating bullets. Our helmets were supremely uncomfortable. New R100S pilot (Steve) decided (about fifteen miles from our destination) that he had HAD ENOUGH! He couldn't take it (the heat) anymore, stopped, removed his helmet and hung it on one of his front turn signal lights. Off he went, much more comfortable without the Brain Bucket.

Well, it wasn't more than another five or ten miles down the road that it happened.

Our intrepid 'S-Pilot' wasn't paying attention when he should have been. We had come into some twisties (unusual for Oklahoma) which were surrounded by sand and boulders. The boulders were about the size of mini-vans.

Well, our helmetless hero high-sided off into the sandy/boulder area. Oops! :violin

I happened to look over my shoulder and watched it all happening in slow motion.

Watching all this, I almost crashed myself as I had to turn and cross a bridge - but the scene was amazing! Steve looked like Homer Simpson going over a cliff - the shiny-new R100S was doing endos through the boulder patch.

We were all CERTAIN that Steve had to be dead. No doubt about it!

Well, we all stopped, turned around and went to his aid. Amazingly, he was walking around, had some minor cuts and bruises and had eaten some dirt but was OK.

We couldn't believe it! We KNEW he HAD to be dead!

That R100S fared pretty well too. Lots of stuff that 'stuck out' (mirrors, lights, fairing, etc.) was broken, bent or cracked. But the basic bike was OK.

The impact was severe enough to wrench both carburetors off the engine. The carbs were hanging by the cables.

We put the carbs back on, put a band aid or two on Steve and the bike fired right up. Off to the picnic!

The way I remember it (this was a long time ago) Steve wore his hat for the rest of the ride.

Helmet hanger indeed!

I've done stuff like that before.;)
I used to hang off the back of a Suzuki 250 qaud racer with my Hockey skates on and cruise across the frozen lake at around 70 mph. That was when I was a young punk as well.:thumb I have to admit it was pretty damn scary.

Back