• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Abandoned, run down, forgotten... post your pics!

James,

I enjoy shooting old barns. Here's a HUGE white one I went past last summer in Missouri (but it COULD have been Iowa...)

]

Amazing what you can see from an old, clunky RS!

Cheers!

Charlie

Hi Charlie. Great ol' barn photo! Huge. Here's a red barn photo I took last summer. This barn is in pretty good shape. Photo in Iowa.

JD

4472964918_782e2247da_o.jpg

'Nuther Old Barn Foto

Hi Charlie. Great ol' barn photo! Huge. Here's a red barn photo I took last summer. This barn is in pretty good shape. Photo in Iowa.

JD

View attachment 22668

Nice shot, Mister Mountain King!

Here's one I took last July, in Wisconsin. This one's in pretty good shape too.

MarvinDawnAnniversary127.jpg

Actually, it doesn't fit this thread but who cares. (Hope I don't get timed-out for posting it...) :whistle

Cheers, JD!

Two pictures I took on the Branson Blitz Abandoned but probably not forgotten

The first one is what looks like a partially built French Chateau near Bentonville AR. I first saw it two years ago when it was just empty, now it is obviously abandoned. There are stone bridges and would guess at least a 15000 square foot stone house now abandoned. Wow, probably quite a story here.

850253764_qkE24-XL.jpg

Second is a obviously very expensive community that was going up west of Branson MO. Several very large house undoubtedly built on spec, chain across the entrance, no sign of construction, no tracks, probably in bankruptcy.

850236921_mHxYN-XL.jpg

Old and rundown now, but not forgotten & being restored.

Attachments

• arizona trip 117.jpg
    arizona trip 117.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 397
Old jail cell in Cave-In-Rock IL.

Attachments

• IMG_0432 (1).jpg
    IMG_0432 (1).jpg
    105.8 KB · Views: 377
Old schoolhouse in northwest Kansas

Native Limestone was used in many of these old schools. Must still be a good roof to take the fall of the chimney on it.

940835824_PXA7C-XL.jpg

Sucker for old schools

Here's another old limestone school house that is falling down in north central Kansas.

944163936_DPQfq-XL.jpg

Have been riding past this for years,finally stopped today and snapped a couple pics.

Attachments

• IMG_2003_640x480.JPG
    IMG_2003_640x480.JPG
    88.3 KB · Views: 379
Back