• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Abandoned, run down, forgotten... post your pics!

Abandon something. I don't even know what it is.
Egmont Key
dc

Attachments

• DSCF0939.JPG
    DSCF0939.JPG
    105.8 KB · Views: 446
Italian "Truckorcycle"

"Ancient truckorcycle" photo taken near the petroglyphs in Valcamonica in Northern Italy. Any ideas on its provenance?

Attachments

• HPIM0434.jpg
    HPIM0434.jpg
    105.9 KB · Views: 364
Took a ride from Seattle to the Arctic Circle, found a whole town that was abandoned. The GPS said there was a gas station there, although technically correctly, it was off by 20 years.

Attachments

• IMG_2297.jpg
    IMG_2297.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 355
The motor looks like a Moto Guzzi Falcone.

It's a Moto Guzzi 500cc Motocarri. Made in various forms from the late 1920s until 1980.

My contribution: The Ghost town of Gagnon on the Trans-Labrador Highway. It appears on maps, but there is nothing there. The entire town was pre-fabricated buildings, and when the mine closed down, they removed all the structures.

This strip of asphalt and sidewalks is in the middle of the northern Quebec wilderness.

DSCN1510.jpg

R100R Rider, I see a fair number of buildings like that when I ride through nearby rural areas. I always wonder what the history is behind the property. That is a sizable structure. Thanks for posting.

Bluehole, the photo is of the old hotel in Shelby, Alabama. It is next to the remains of the Shelby Iron Works that were destroyed during the civil war. They were rebuilt and the town survived into the twentieth century.

Back