• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Abandoned, run down, forgotten... post your pics!

Milton, NC

This is the remains of a building in Milton, NC just down the road from Virginia International Raceway.

523948_4198770325838_1441407184_n.jpg

There is a GREAT pizza shop next door, Aunt Millies
An example:

541929_4198770165834_1218320216_n.jpg

Back in June, I came across this Walking Dragline Excavator, abandoned in place just west of Red Oak, OK.

WalkingDragLine.jpg

Looking at this overhead satellite view, compare the size of the white dot (in the red circle), with the size of the buildings in Red Oak. This excavator is easily the size of a house and operational machines walk to move around (not wheels or tracks).

WalkingDragLineOverhead.jpg

I had to look through this entire thread to make sure this wasn't already posted (some amazing pictures here), I took this yesterday, I have been driving/riding by it at least once a year since 1976. Just north east of Roswell, NM on US70, I am told this is the Frazier School.

FrazierSchoolWeb.jpg

Tallassee, Alabama. Tallassee Falls Mills (also known as Tallassee Falls Manufacturing Company; Barnet, Micou and Co.) During the late 19th century, this was among the largest cotton textile manufacturing complexes in the South. It was the second mill in Alabama to be established for the production of cotton cloth. Situated to either side of the falls of the Tallapoosa River, the stone mill dates from ca. 1844 to 1898. In 1863 the original mill (shown in this picture), ca. 1844, became an armory for the production of the Tallassee Carbine. For the southern armies, the Tallassee Complex was one of the few Confederate ordinance facilities to escape destruction.

Attachments

• Tallassee - 2012 (2).jpg
    Tallassee - 2012 (2).jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 516
Back