• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Upcoming Rallies

QUICKDRAW

My new employer recently announced that we must turn our vacation schedules for 2009 by the end on January. I'm hoping to attend a few rallies this year, the 49er in Auburn and the Beemer Bash in Quincey for two but don't have the dates. Is there a calendar that might list these? Also I understand that there is also one in the Red Rock area of Utah. Any report on this one and date for 2009? :wave

Thanks in advance

The 49er is on Memorial Day weekend, May 22 - 25
Both the Chief Joseph in John Day, OR and the Redrock in Panguitch, UT are on the same week end June 18 - 21.

49er in the spring, fall has the Beemer Bash which is usually the week after the Range of Light Gypsy Tour (Labor Day Weekend). If you've never been to that rolling rally, you're missing a totally unique experience! Nothing else like it in the country so far.

Jim,

Like Greg said, you've got to plan on doing the Range of Light Gypsy Tour.

Friday evening, Saturday, Sunday, Monday of Labor day weekend.

It's right up your alley: Ride, Camp, Ride, Camp, Ride, Camp, Ride, with some good food, poker runs, camaraderie around the campfires, good people, door prizes and some of the best roads in (or near ?) California. They even haul your soft sided gear (no hard saddlebags) Sat. and Sun. in a trailer so you can enjoy the roads those days to the fullest. You can ride by yourself or with some of the other 180+ riders, what ever suits your style.

You will probably put close to 1,000 on your bike that weekend, find some incredible roads that you haven't been on before, and meet some new friends. What more could you want? Don't expect to win one of the two $200 poker runs like I did last year. But, it could happen.

:dance :dance :dance

Last edited:
To all, thanks for the information.
Lee, just might have to join you and the others on the Range of Light Tour this year maybe some of your luck will rub off. You weren't planning on a repeat were you? :evil

Death Valley;

In January and February are rallies! Airheads and the IBMWR usually get there every year in DV. A good time to ride, if you can manage the cold getting there. DV riding is very nice in mid winter. I have no dates to post, sorry. Randy:thumb

BMW NorCal will also be at Death Valley on the 16th of Feb. for a meeting and camp out.
Don't yet know where the group ride starts from on Sat. morn. or IF there will be one.

:dance :dance :dance

09 plans

Just an FYI, the RCB Thunderhill Rider Improvement Day will be on the Sunday of the Beemer Bash in Sept. You may wish to include that in your planning for the Quincy rally.
Jim
Mendocino

The AZBeemer Roadrunner Rally in May 2009

May15-18, the AZBeemer Roadrunner Rally in high-country, dry, Heber, AZ.

Also I understand that there is also one in the Red Rock area of Utah. Any report on this one and date for 2009?

The Beehive Beemers of Utah will hold their 10th annual Red Rocks Rendezvous June 18-21, 2009, in Panguitch, Utah. The rally usually attracts about 300 riders, most of whom are from out of state. Panguitch is a short ride from Torrey, Escalante, Zion NP, Bryce Canyon NP, Grand Canyon NP, Moab, Cedar Breaks, and other nice places. There is shady camping at the rally and motels in town. The days are nice and the nights are cool because the city sits above 7,000'. Our ad is in the MOA magazine and will be in the RA On the Level. You can find more on our website at: www.beehivebeemers.org

PM me if you have questions.

Alton Wagnon
President, Beehive Beemers of Utah

Back