• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

2005 National- Where is it?

Some Notes from The 2005 Rally Chair

You guys are going to LOVE this rally site. It is truly the perfect venue for the BMW MOA National Rally.

There is tons of shaded camping. There is even a pond to camp around, if you'd like. Shade trees all over the place. The closest motels are just 60 seconds away.

We hope for a record breaking attendance of vendors, because of the convenient, central location.

And Lima is easily within a one-day ride for a great percentage of the BMW MOA riders.

Why Lima, some of you have asked? For all of the reasons above. Sometimes our rallies are located in the middle of awesome riding areas. Sometimes the riding near a national rally site isn't as exciting, but there are other "draws"

There is NOT a crime problem in Lima. (Where the heck did that come from?)

Needless to say, I am SO excited about the 05 Rally. Just wait until your hear about some of the awesome things we are lining up. You won't want to miss it! :clap :clap

The dates are Thursday July 21 through Sunday, July 24, 2005. Feel free to contact me off-list with any questions --- or if you'd like to volunteer.

Sue Rihn-Manke
2005 National Rally Chair

I had lunch with the two ladies from the Lima Visitor bureau. They are excited about having us there. :bliss I mentioned a few questions about the grounds and they were very receptive as to providing for the MOA. The fact that they were at the Spokane Rally, gave them insight as to the needs of hosting a Large group.

I look forward to volunteering (again).

Short of it is, Great riding to and from the rally.
I have family in Ohio.

Kenny2 said:
I had lunch with the two ladies from the Lima Visitor bureau. They are excited about having us there. :bliss I mentioned a few questions about the grounds and they were very receptive as to providing for the MOA. The fact that they were at the Spokane Rally, gave them insight as to the needs of hosting a Large group.

I look forward to volunteering (again).

Short of it is, Great riding to and from the rally.
I have family in Ohio.

I have lots of family in Ohio, too. I was born in Ravenna. Having grown up in NJ I like to poke fun at Ohioans and Pennsyltuckeyans--it's all in fun, though. That's probably due to the jabs I take about New Joisey all the time. I'll look forward to going to the rally (my first) and visiting family on the way, too. ;)

i would like to point out how smart it is to have some folks from lima at the spokane rally to see firsthand what MOA people like and dont like and how the rally goes. this is a very smart thing to do, so whomever had the idea, thank you very much.

I plan on being there, and look forward to a single site rally experience. The facilities will be really great. I drove by this week and they are plenty big for us.

I've been there for the AMA flat track races in June and its a sea of Harleys,cant wait to see the place crawling with Beemers.Rt 105 out of Bowling Green is a decent ride,it ends in Port Clinton on Lake Erie.

Comared to where I live Lima will be a walk in the park!!!!!:nra :nra

I'll be going with my usual dual "K" protection plan, Kryptonite and Kimber. If that all fails, there is a reason that I write checks to State Farm every 6 months....

RW

Bullet said:
If, anyone is looking for a great burger, AND absolutely the
best pecan pie, travel south about 30 miles to Sidney Ohio
on I-75 get off at the second exit, follow it downtown to the
SPOT Drive-in

Bullet

But it takes 2nd seat to the nationally famous, fabulous burgers from the Kewpee!! A "must eat" when in Lima, and there is a location 2 minutes west, towards town, from the fairgrounds.

Attachments

• kewpee.jpg
    kewpee.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 85
Re: Re: Caution in Lima

foobeemer said:
Yikes!! Bring your Kryptonite disc locks!!!!

The problems, as in most places, are essentially contained in certain sections of town, and others live in the area all their lives and never encounter such problems. The data is skewed by the drug trades influence in certain sectors.
The fairgrounds are fine and safe, as are most other areas.

There's a Ford Duratec engine plant at Lima. Sounds like a hard working-hard playing blue collar town with a good fairgrounds.

Re: Re: Re: Caution in Lima

Mike_In_Lima said:
The problems, as in most places, are essentially contained in certain sections of town, and others live in the area all their lives and never encounter such problems. The data is skewed by the drug trades influence in certain sectors.
The fairgrounds are fine and safe, as are most other areas.

You mean like in every other place in the country? C'mon folks it's in the middle of Ohio, it can't be that bad.

Re: Re: Caution in Lima

foobeemer said:
Yikes!! Bring your Kryptonite disc locks!!!!

Let us NOT condemn it before we get there!!!!
Spokane was NOT that wet, nor THAT HOT!

You will enjoy the rally to the extent that you allow yourself!!!

Now, Real decisions, Denver or Dallas routing?????:dunno

Re: Re: Re: Caution in Lima

Kenny2 said:
Now, Real decisions, Denver or Dallas routing?????:dunno

Dude, Denver totally. Dallas in July just has to suck to drive through. I70 west of Denver is absolutely gorgeous to drive through.

I remember crossing Kansas, leaving Colorado, and the blast-furnace crosswind from the south/southwest was UNREAL. A difficult day. Got into St. Louis, 104 degrees and more hot wind.

BTW, there is a nice "swim hole" about 8 minutes from the site; a new public small lake/beach.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Caution in Lima

YB in IN said:
You mean like in every other place in the country? C'mon folks it's in the middle of Ohio, it can't be that bad.

Exactly. BAD would be if the rally was in say, Newark NJ! :eek

Back