• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Tires Whats Good???

roadcrave

PRAY BEFORE RIDING
READING OTHER PEOPLES REPLYS ON TIRES FOR MY K1200LT,WHAT DO YOU THINK ABOUT AVON AV45,AV46????

tires

well i guess i will reply to myself:confused: :cry :snore ,i did order avons saturday the24th, hopefully this will let me know if all the road noise will go away that im experiancing, its bad enough that i will be forced to look for a quitier touring bike if not...
i hope this will fix the problem... a really like everything else about the machine..to bad i even have to go thru this problem,time will tell....

Last edited:
Well

I think there has been one or two tire discussions (and a poll even) over on the Gear channel. Did you try looking there??
Never rode on Avons, so I have no clue.

well it happened , new av45/av46 tires on my k1200, they are more than a dream under this bike, the first 150 miles they felt squeshy, but after200-300 miles all was well, i cannot believe how far down i can get in the twisties with these tires unlike the brigstones, the avons have a very smooth feel and solid feeling in the corners no wobbles and my front end whirring went away,also the road noise at 40 mph,the new ones are very quit, if you have not been following this discussion, my bike is brand new with 4650 miles on it 4000 miles were on the brigstone battleass tires , today i put 600 miles on the avons... all is well im back at the front of the bus.........

Back