• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

New Sig Line Rules and FAQ updates

I turned off the sig line feature a year ago. I like the clean look. :clap

Let me know if I'm missing something. :laugh
Hey Rich,

You're not missing anything, but those of us reading your posts are missing learning more about the poster because of your lack of a sig line. :cry

tb

Rocketman, that's beautiful

""Handle stress like dogs do, if you can't eat it or hump it, piss on it and walk away" Ha Ha! "

I nearly cried after reading it.

Steve

Hey Rich,

You're not missing anything, but those of us reading your posts are missing learning more about the poster because of your lack of a sig line. :cry

one click on your public profile is all it takes.

to me, sig lines full of smilies and tarted up colors make our forum look like a teenager's myspace page. This makes it harder to appreciate the actual content of one's post, and degrades our brand voice.

sorta like conchos on a K12s. :dunno

ian

Sue said:
The pictures, colored fonts, and smilies remind me of some front yards where there are lots of statues and whirligigs and shrubs and the occasional bathtub. Mildly interesting to look at once or twice, but after a few viewings it becomes pollution for my eyes.

I wrote the quote a few months ago, and still hold this opinion.

..."SUE? - Party of One!"
... ... ... "SUE?!? - Party of one?!?"

one click on your public profile is all it takes.

to me, sig lines full of smilies and tarted up colors make our forum look like a teenager's myspace page. This makes it harder to appreciate the actual content of one's post, and degrades our brand voice.

sorta like conchos on a K12s. :dunno

ian
The pictures, colored fonts, and smilies remind me of some front yards where there are lots of statues and whirligigs and shrubs and the occasional bathtub. Mildly interesting to look at once or twice, but after a few viewings it becomes pollution for my eyes.

I wrote the quote a few months ago, and still hold this opinion.

Well, many here have not bothered to fill out their public profile.(not directed at Rich or Ian who have).

Ok, Ok, so my sig line looks like an upright bathtub with a Madonna. :laugh :laugh So...:stick :stick

I have been chastized, but I like it and am not changing it. :thumb :brad

Unlike Sue who changed her username! :stick :stick

And I have added more than the usual number of smilies just because they look like whirligigs. :thumb :thumb :thumb

tb :love :love :kiss :kiss

So how are your eyes now, Sue?? :stick :nyah :nyah :nyah

Last edited:
Yer KILLING me!

:laugh

Hey ... I bought some Seghesio [Sonoma] 2007 Zinfandel last week, rated #10 of the top 100 wines of the World in 2008, by the Wine Spectator. Thought of you, Tom, as I poured my second glass .

If you can find it, I strongly recommend it. $20 a bottle.

Sorry ... I almost hijacked this thread.

Yer KILLING me!

:laugh

Hey ... I bought some Seghesio [Sonoma] 2007 Zinfandel last week, rated #10 of the top 100 wines of the World in 2008, by the Wine Spectator. Thought of you, Tom, as I poured my second glass .

If you can find it, I strongly recommend it. $20 a bottle.

Sorry ... I almost hijacked this thread.

Well, if you're gonna hijack, you're doin' it right. Although my wife and I are Red only folks. Give me a steak and a nice shiraz anyday...

And now, back to your regularly scheduled progarm...

Hey Sue & Oldhway,

I'm more of a red wine person myself. Just had a glass of Charles Shaw Merlot. You can buy it at Trader Joe's and there is one in Madison. It sells for $2.99 a bottle and we buy it by the case. It's not in the top 100, but the price is right. :thumb

tb

Hey Sue & Oldhway,

I'm more of a red wine person myself. Just had a glass of Charles Shaw Merlot. You can buy it at Trader Joe's and there is one in Madison. It sells for $2.99 a bottle and we buy it by the case. It's not in the top 100, but the price is right. :thumb

tb

We call it "two-buck-Chuck" in Indiana :)

Back