• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Snow sucks.

R

rmaddoxx

Snow today. Nasty outside.

But it is warm in the garage and the bike is apart for maintenance. And the DVR is full of all the M/C races from the past season. Guess I can survive.

BTW people, if you haven't ridden the roads of Eastern and Central KY, you haven't lived. Empty and rollercoaster-like.

You think YOU have snow? You should come up here to the great white north sometime!! It's not even winter yet, and we have had over 48 inches of the fluffy white stuff! I was down your way this fall and have to tell you that you DO have some mighty fine roads! Of course if you have snow, your not far enough south to suit my tastes. I have only five years until retirement. and plan on moving out of here as soon as possible!! Thinking about eastern Tenn, or maybe western Va, Any place they DON'T get snow measured by the foot!! Good grief, I,m whining alot lately!! Vaya con Dios, Ya'll

I really feel for you guys!!! 78 degrees here today, and I didn't go riding. Tomorrow a group of us will be riding to the Beach for lunch. supposed to get up to 76 degrees. I know we have it rough. :violin :stick

maybe a little of both

I went into a store here in South Georgia dripping with sweat and told the young lady behind the counter that I was moving North,..........................
"to enjoy some of that beautiful snow".

The sweet looking, 100 lb girl looked at me like I had lost my mind and said in a loud nasal, Boston draw........"You're out of your (expletive) mind".

Maybe, but to wake up to that fresh cool morning air would seem like heaven to me.

It does have its benefits.

Snow does have its benefits. So one cannot ride - but one can scheme. Scheme of farkles yet to be installed. Read some articles about rides to be taken in the next year. Put a fire in the fireplace, sit back and relax.

I love the roads in eastern and central Kentucky. We ride there often. Also WV. Come on up my way sometime and I will take you around southeastern Ohio. You will feel right at home.

When life gives you lemons.......

132014918_hfrwg-M.jpg

120361322_r3fMk-M.jpg

120356173_keiTb-L-1.jpg

Ride, baby, ride.
-K

Hey all; Well here it is the 23rd. day of December, the third day of winter and we have had a total of 56 inch so far this FALL!! I can hardly wait until winter REALLY gets here!! Roadrider magazixe did a wonderful (and VERY tempting!!) tour of eastern Tenn, Western North Carolina, that has me slobbering all over myself!!! I have only five years until retirement, and I believe we have found our "new" home! Think spring everyone!! Vaya con Dios, Dutch

Bunkyone, how many of us did you say would fit in your new guest room?

Hey all; Sorry I named the wrong magazine, it's RoadRunner, not rider. Trust me, if you show up with a case of decent ale, I could be convinced to allow you to hang around for awhile. Of course you will have to wait until I retire... By the way, anyone interrested in getting together for a mid-winter potluck? It seem's that there are a fair number of folks in the area, maybe we could plan a couple of rides or tours? Let me know... Think spring!!!! Vaya con Dios. dutch

Winter sure does suck

Best reason I have ever seen that winter sucks.

Attachments

• Winter sucks.jpg
    Winter sucks.jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 134
Hey all: Yet another use for you 'stitch suits. Would you call those dresser sleds, or are they standards? After all, they don't have saddlebags on them. I'll bet they stop about like my R90 does!! Boy am I tired of winter!!!! Vaya con Dios Dutch

We not only have a ton of snow, we have cold cold cold.... -16F right now. It sucks. But we need the moisture and Spring is coming.

248870752_rMm4D-L.jpg

Back