• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

k75 dash lights

yankeeone

Hi, I just did the speedo repair, works great, but now I don't remember if all the lights came on when you turn on the key. Which lights should? the low gas does not nor the over heat light . the rest do, what is the one next to low fuel?

Thanks

Temp light is the only light that doesn't light when ignition is on. I think on the first Ks there were two low fuel lights. Later only one, but the place for the other was not eliminated.

Ralph Sims

Thanks ,I forgot to list the year, 87, so no ABS . It looks like the fuel light may be out. I just don't remember if it came on with the key, then went out ,but it would come on when the fuel is low and the bike is on the side stand so I should catch it before I run out . The spedo problem was just like the tec site said , a little corrosion on the pins.
Thanks for the reply.

The low fuel light doesn't come on unless the fuel is low enough, it won't come on with the ignition switch alone (as a test). The one to the left of the low fuel is a carry-over from the early K100, it doesn't do anything. Hmmm. Radar detector light???

Gilly

Choke light

That light to the left of the fuel light is a choke lindicator light (to remind one that the choke is still on). There's a connector (plug) marked "choke" underneath the tank. Requires another plug or cable from BMW (was an option, apparently) at around $20 cost.

Yes, I believe it could be hooked up as a stealthy radar warning light.:thumb

The "old" choke light on my 94 standard is near the tach under the oil pressure light and to the left of the temp light. The low fuel light does not come on when the key is turned to on usless the fuel level is actually low enough to trigger it. The light to the left of my fuel light is for the ABS. Mine does not have ABS so it never turns on. I though older models had a second fuel light where my ABS light is. When did that start/stop?

The "old" choke light on my 94 standard is near the tach under the oil pressure light and to the left of the temp light. The low fuel light does not come on when the key is turned to on usless the fuel level is actually low enough to trigger it. The light to the left of my fuel light is for the ABS. Mine does not have ABS so it never turns on. I though older models had a second fuel light where my ABS light is. When did that start/stop?

My 91 75RT is the same other than mine has ABS.

1994 K75/2 Standard

DSC03894.jpg

Back