• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Sure want to go:)

Polarbear

Polarbear
Been to 15 National Rallies since '78 and want to go to Tennessee badly too. 6 of the last 7 I've been getting done, regarding the Nat. Rallies. California is silent so far, on this post about the BIG event back east again. I think I've been one of the few from the far west coming that far, for our last several rallies. I sure have seen only a few, anyhow. Some serious family graduations from Universities, etc have gotten in the way, this coming Spring, Summer, so I'll be pressed to make a rally too and it has me flustered to cram my normal bike vacation(s) into the mix. Trying hard, however and maybe I can manage. "California" is still alive, even if the rallies are far away. Anybody making plans, from the Far West? Its a bit to early for me to make travel plans, but still wondering out loud:).Randy:dance :thumb :usa

I'm thinking about it, but I'm not at all sure how it will play out for me, yet. Sounds like a great location.

09 Rally Plans

Starting to think about the 09 Rally. It is our intention and desire to attend and we will certainally plan out a route to and from the rally. For us WUI folks up here in northern Cal, (Concow) much depends on if mother nature will "cooperate" or not!
Cheers
ConcowRider & BeemerDot

Its a bit to early for me to make travel plans, but still wondering out loud:).Randy:dance :thumb :usa

randy - i sure hope you can make it.

this year, i am doing the GS Trials, and the good news is that we have an MX track right on the rally site.

i am looking for some volunteers to help out, btw..... :evil

ian

Wow, another m/x track:)

Visian, hope you can have a ton of fun doing this back there in Tennessee Land:). I do not know if you know me, but I Chaired the GS M/X Track Events in Gilette at the rally and had a lot of fun doing it. My wife ran the Outback First Aide Station in Gilette. The m/x track in Johnson City, I hope you find to be as good and it should be a HOOT to ride along with you guys/gals back there, offroad style:). Virginia is my home state and it would be a shame if I miss this one, so close to homeland. If I can help you in any way with the track planning, let me know more. Love to, Randy, GSA1200 and KLR650:clap :D

Randy,

Hope you can make it. I am planing to go. Have yet to see that part of the of the US.

Scott

Visian, hope you can have a ton of fun doing this back there in Tennessee Land:). I do not know if you know me, but I Chaired the GS M/X Track Events in Gilette at the rally and had a lot of fun doing it. My wife ran the Outback First Aide Station in Gilette. The m/x track in Johnson City, I hope you find to be as good and it should be a HOOT to ride along with you guys/gals back there, offroad style:). Virginia is my home state and it would be a shame if I miss this one, so close to homeland. If I can help you in any way with the track planning, let me know more. Love to, Randy, GSA1200 and KLR650:clap :D

i must not have made a very big impression on you, because I scored the first set of obstacles at your trials in gillette earlier this year. :ha

i wanted to ride the event, but was afraid to drop/break the pig so far away from home.

the track in johnson city is more supercross-like, many peaked-out features. they may have a tractor for me to do a little grooming... we'll see... :evil

at spartanburg they had some interesting obstacles and i took notes.

hopefully you can come this year and help because you did a great job last year.

ian

I Apologize:(

My memory is so poor at times and you helped at the Gillette m/x track and I forgot! Shame on me for not knowing you. Thanks for the help and kudo's. You will have a hoot doing it in Tennessee and I hope to see you there getting the dirt all over you and others:). My Gillette experience was a lot of fun, but i wished for "more ridiers"to try it out. It will grow, with time and you can be number 2 for this National Rally Event and get MORE riders to come out:). Keep up the good work. Randy.....And "Boingo", my en route travel buddy last year! Glad to hear you're still out there and wanting to ride EAST. Its a great ride and not to be missed for a first timer to that area. We still ride the KLR650 and GSA1200...Gini just got Jesse Bags for her KLR650:). I will perhaps make more plans later, but its still too early for me to plan much. Happy Trails, Randy:thumb :usa

Back