• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Interested in a ride to East Texas?

BillyClyde

Checking with you Texas riders to see if you are interested in a ride to East Texas this weekend. I am leaving Friday morning from Central Texas with a target destination of Nacogdoches and returning Sunday. Would love to explore Toledo Bend also, as I have wanted to fish that lake for years. Let me know and we'll hook up.

Steve Sellers

I mite be interested, it depends on if I can get my new tires on in time and the weather.I would be coming from the south I could meet you in La Grange.By the way are you kin to Bob Sellers?

East Texas Reservoir Run

Would love to explore Toledo Bend also, as I have wanted to fish that lake for years. Let me know and we'll hook up.

I've ridden Texas 87, between Center and Hemphill, Texas -- it was one of the recommended Ride Texas roads. It passes between Sam Rayburn Reservoir and Toledo Bend -- you can get to Center from Nacogdoches on Hwy 7 in case you haven't ridden there before. Another nice ride is R255 that runs between the dams. There's supposed to be a nice catfish restaurant near the Sam Rayburn dam on HWY 1007 (runs between HWY 96 and R255). Looks like a great weekend for a ride -- wish I could go along.

Best catfish resteraunt!

One of my favorite rides is to the Fisherman's Galley just inside Louisiana on
La 6 / Tx 21.

If your go to Burkeville on Hw 87, turn east for a few blocks then turn north on FM 692. This will lead you across Toledo Bend dam (watch for Bald Eagles).

Turn north on La191 for scenic ride up the east side of Toledo. Turn left when you intersect LA 6. The fisherman's galley is on your right just as you can see the lake.

Back