• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Puget Sound area commuters?

Seemed chillier this morning than the past couple of days. Vowed to put the handlebar covers back on even though there's no rain in the forecast. Handlebar covers + heated grips = happy hands!

Hi! Welcome to this board...:wave

In your commute to Everett do you ride up the Peninsula and take the Kingston/Edmonds ferry? If so, if you see an old dude on a Gray/Mandarin '04 R1100S give me a wave. Maybe buy you a cup of coffee one of these days. Don't know what hours you commute, but I'm usually out and about in the afternoons.

We live in Seabeck, and I spent a fair amount of time in Silverdale/Poulsbo...

Cheers, Bill J.

I ride if it does not snow ??

I ride in South end; Enumclaw to Bellevue almost every day. This year has been cold and snowy though.

I do not see many bikes in winter, a GS now and then. But when weather gets above 60 boy the bikes come out.

I ride 1150 RT in wet and 1200 GS rest of time, uhhh also my Kawai mean streak on hot nice days... is that appropriate to mention?

I do have hard time getting thru the garage gates with my GS, they won't open for me. I added magnet but still have times it will not open. any other people have this problem??

:brad
I do have hard time getting thru the garage gates with my GS, they won't open for me. I added magnet but still have times it will not open. any other people have this problem??

Do you have room to go around the gate? I sometimes work downtown Seattle (at this particular garage) and they allow M/Cs around the gates and park for free. They say just don't use a parking space that a car could use.

driving into gated garage at work

I work in down town Bellevue, yes I have driven around gates leaving the garage when have trouble with gate opening with my key card. the person at the gat just watches me.
When coming in; if the gate will not open, I have to take a ticket to open the gate. I always park in a motorcycle spot that is marked off.

I never have problems with my 1150 RT but the GS is hit and miss.

:type

Snoqualmie Valley to Seattle's Belltown

Rarely see other winter riders. Always a pleasure. Phoenix gray R1100S, I am one of the 60's set, both in age and orientation. Heads on straight in the combat zone.

Year round here. '08 Namibia Orange GS. I roll out of Maple Valley to Kirkland via 405. Call me crazy but I kinda prefer riding in the winter when I am usually the only bike I see my entire commute. Not that I don't like the warm, but dealing with the squids and fair weather riders with bad skills starts to get a little old by mid-summer.

Back