• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

On Wisconsin!

Snow

But they are calling for 10 plus inches here on the lakeshore for tonight and tomorrow.

Yeah - forecasting up to a foot by late tomorrow depending on how much comes down as rain/sleet or 'just' snow. :banghead

Snow

SIck and tired of snow. Spent three hours doing snow removal. Tired cold and sore. A nice ride somewhere warm sounds good now.

(Cool new Forum stuff!!)

:banghead

Dude! I would think you'd get into the Zen of snow removal. Cowboy up and earn that hot buttered rum!

MMMM Hot Buttered Rum!!!

Ok Ok. I will try the whole Zen thing next time. Can I put a cinimmon stick in the rum?? Is that wrong??

It would not have been so bad as I needed the work out, but I just got the bottom (Approach) to the driveway open and a friend of mine who works for the county plowed it closed for me. Not even a "Sorry Dude" or anything.

I've got 2 blowers and I'm tired of using them already. It's really sad listening to the bikes whimper and moan because they can't go out and play. I have to pat them on the tanks and spend some time with them to let them know they aren't forgotten.

SIck and tired of snow. Spent three hours doing snow removal. Tired cold and sore. A nice ride somewhere warm sounds good now.
You just need more options (aka 'toys') to keep you interested.

After I moved here (from northeast Ohio), I shoveled for about two years. My two drives are about 300' and 50' long, respectively, and I needed a couple hundred feet of walkway cleared to get to the garages. We typically get three-foot drifts. One morning as I hit the town 'plow leavings' in the mouth of my drive, I paused, thinking "This really sucks!" and decided I didn't want to be 'found' out there some day.

So we bought Da Snow T'rower. Not one of those weenie electric ones, either. This is an 8 hp 26" MTD (arrgh, arrgh, ARRGH!). Two stage. Electric start. 6 forward speeds, two reverse, self-propelled. (ARRGH!) Sucker will eat almost anything it's seen in the 10+ years since. Except those fine, sub-zero wind-driven drifts that have to be broken up with a spade (very rare) and the really heavy, wet stuff over about a foot deep (just go slower). It might be a little slow sometimes, but the worst physical problem I have is getting wet from the blown stuff. No heart attacks! :thumb

Then, there's Da Ford: a 1950 8N (every gentleman farmer's "AARGH!"). 4-speed crashbox (You do know how to double clutch, don't you?). 3-point hydraulic hitch. PTO. IMPLEMENTS! Also a 5' rear blade. Lots of fun to push snow around with. Unfortunately, Da Ford can get stuck. DAMHIK. :banghead

Then, we need Da Jeep ... :whistle

Don't have one of those big V8 snowblowers, but the 8hp one we have just got a good workout. We got a foot from the storm + drifts and plow truck deposits at the bottom of the driveway.

Reinke Snowfighter 1 in the trailer gassed up for the next round. I blew out 3 driveways this morning. The mighty Jeep Commander pulls this rig to the in-laws 10 miles away on un-plowed roads.
l_5c67c426d00d4dadbb87934d50147e61.jpg

The Reinke Family Militia working on fortifications.
l_324fb5937fce4f22a1057d5fcaeb6074.jpg

If you live in Madison you must have snow by now. I live in Menasha and we have been getting pelted with snow since the last week of November. Now that sucks.

Back