• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Tank Bags

Zygmund

Pusser's Pyrate Society
'02 RT and I have a BMW tank bag but I'm looking for a new one. Let's hear what we have out there and what you like or dislike.:lurk

tank bags

You won't go wrong w/ Linda T and her custom bags. She will make you whatever you want and in whatever color you are interested! She has many 'stock' bags and you add what is important to them. I have one for my 07 RT and it is the berries. I overspent and got too many pockets, but that's me. She is very accessible and will talk w/ you re: your thoughts and maybes. Give her a shout and tell he I sent you. [No affiliation, just a satisfied customer.:thumb ]

http://www.customtankbags.com/

Thanks for the response, I was beginning to wonder if anybody uses them or if that is a subject that everyone avoids.

:bow

Oxfort Sports bag, magnetic, sits on my plastic tank without ever shifting, held in place by a strap around the steering head, 4 years old, looks new, will occasionally reset my ESA for me, but I can live with that for the peanuts the bags cost...check ebay regularly. Expandable, convertible to a usable day pack, come in several colors. I believe they're discontinued, but just set up an ebay saved search for Oxford Tank Bag and within a week or so you'll find one.

Greenwald, this is the one bag system that I have been looking close at and like the quick connect feature.
Thanks!
:wave

Marsee makes a Q/D mounting system, too.
I have one on the way(arrives Monday) and I'll post up about it once I get it on.

I have the Cortech Tourmaster mid-size magnetic tankbag.

I like it so far. Map pocket works well and the bag detaches quickly and carries easily (nice handle) to carry in the gas station or restaurant when traveling.

I've been using the Big Mak tank from www.cyclegadgets.com for several years and like it. I have two, a smaller one and a large one for traveling. The accessories like the gas reciept holder and bottle holder work well. No hassles when gassing up , just lift and pump. so easy..

Attachments

• BMA_thumb.jpg
    BMA_thumb.jpg
    12.7 KB · Views: 1,274
Tank Bags and more

I have had great luck with the variety of bags from Wolfman in Colorado. Used them on my GS/PD, Cagiva Gran Canyon and now on DL 1000 V Strom. Great quality. Eric is a long time rider himself and makes stuff that works. In fact he makes custom liners I believe for Moto Sport Panniers luggage and their Dirt Bagz. Those are bulletproof I know.
Availabe at www.motogearoutlet.com in a day or so..
Peace for this Christmas Season.j.. and great rides in 09
Bill Kniegge
www.bluestradatours.com

I have one on the way(arrives Monday) and I'll post up about it once I get it on.

Well, I got it and the Marsee 15L Tour Rocket is too big for the '04RT. The bars hit it. Probably OK for the LT.So I got a 10 liter Pocket Rocket. Very nice and it fits. Haven't ridden a bunch with it yet, but first impression is that it's top quality and handy, too.
By the way the 15L Tour Pocket and another 10L Cortech bag are in the Flea Market.

Wanted to open the Tank Bag post again to get more feedback and to ask if anyone has changed the foam on the bottom of a BMW tank bag. My old tank bag foam is junk and would like to fix it if possible.

:lurk

Update.

I have had it on the bike for several months now.
This is the best TB I have used.
It's easy to take off and replace. Doesn't touch the tank, is well made and has a couple handy features like the silver interior and the clear top.
They are pricey, but you get quality.
:thumb :thumb

I have had it on the bike for several months now.
This is the best TB I have used.
It's easy to take off and replace. Doesn't touch the tank, is well made and has a couple handy features like the silver interior and the clear top.
They are pricey, but you get quality.
:thumb :thumb
Jeff:

Any issues with interference with the bars or controls as an earlier poster mentioned?

TIA,
PhilbeRT

I'm a fan of Marsee tank bags. They're well made and stand up to a lot of use. I have a Marsee 11 ltr Pocket Rocket Corona tank bag on my 12GS. Marsee's Corona system is a fine substitute for magnetic bags if your tank isn't steel and you don't like straps.

But, if I had your '02 RT, I'd take advantage of all that steel and get a Marsee magnetic of whatever size suits you. For years I used the same Marsee 20 ltr magnetic tear drop tank bag on my '94 Honda CB1000, then on my '03 R1150R. I still have it tucked away in my garage waiting for the day I bring home a bike with another steel tank!

I'm a fan of Marsee tank bags. They're well made and stand up to a lot of use. I have a Marsee 11 ltr Pocket Rocket Corona tank bag on my 12GS. Marsee's Corona system is a fine substitute for magnetic bags if your tank isn't steel and you don't like straps.

But, if I had your '02 RT, I'd take advantage of all that steel and get a Marsee magnetic of whatever size suits you. For years I used the same Marsee 20 ltr magnetic tear drop tank bag on my '94 Honda CB1000, then on my '03 R1150R. I still have it tucked away in my garage waiting for the day I bring home a bike with another steel tank!

Grant,

Don't need a steel tank. Just glue some super magnets under your tupperware. I did on my 97 RT and it works great. Just be sure that your magnets in the bag are all the same polarity, otherwise parts or all of your bag may "fly off" rather than stick.

DAMHIK :laugh :laugh :laugh :laugh :laugh :laugh

Back