• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Welcome to Kansas

Minden Nebraska

Yes, there are attractions nearby! Almost every time I've attended the "Husker", i've gone to "Pioneer Village" in Minden about 15 miles north of Franklin. Neat collection of old stuff in a 1950's type museum.
Link here:
http://www.roadsideamerica.com/story/2157

There is a great B&B just North of Minden I stayed at last September on my way out to the Black Hills.

http://www.nebraskabb.com/listings/burchellswhitehillfarmhouseinn-minden-nebraska.html

The scenery is, well, Nebraska cornfields, but the family that runs it is great. The house is spotless and they have a very good restaurant in a separate building.

Attachments

• PICT0050_30.jpg
    PICT0050_30.jpg
    117.5 KB · Views: 133
I ride it with smiles:)

Many have said the plains are sooooo boring! Not me. I've enjoyed reading all these posts, of active riders in Kansas. I'm grown up in Virginia, lived in CA for 30+ years and find the prairies so refreshing to ride. I'm a long time GS/GSA rider and would love the opportunity to spend time there, riding all the dirt byways. Its not what what your mind see's on the horizon, so much as what your mind takes in as you go along:). So many, too many miss the point!!! Back roads America is where life starts getting exciting:). Randy:thumb:usa

This is the kind of summer I remember in Kansas. Moving back here from NC we have had mild summers. Makes it hard to ride.

Ride early and ride fast. Sunday's ride in the cooler temps was really nice.

Tom

There is a certain peace, droning along a two lane state road in western Kansas or eastern Colorado, where you can see the next town on the horizon by its grain elevator, even as you leave the town you are in. Old cars and trucks, abandoned buildings and old store signs, people living much as they have lived in my lifetime. The sameness and lack of change stop time and reassure you that you have a home.

Back