• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Welcome to Kansas

Man sorry to hear about your construction accident better stay away from power tools for a while if ya let a clamp get ya like that.
Big group at Cassoday Sunday. We arrived around 9:00 the main streets were already full with side lots filling fast. When we left meet a steady stream of incoming bikes. There was even a hand full of BMWs there.
Did see one bad accident on the first curve north of town.
Will post a photo or two later. R

Avoid power tools! I'll put that on my to-do list!;)

Sunday, I tried on the helmet and was able to wear it, so I headed for Cassoday via back roads; made it as far as Matfield Green. Stopped at the Hitchin' Post for refreshments before taking more back roads home in a rather circuitous route. Took one dirt road that dead ended after a creek crossing, and dropped the bike in the slick mud going in and coming out. What fun!

Glad you had a safe, fun day!

Tom

Sunday; Alma, KS

Some of us will be meeting in at the gas station on the West side of Alma at 1000 Sunday for a day of exploring and lunch. Come join in.

Tom

argh!!! if i hadn't already agreed to go with my girlfriend to manhattan (aka the dark side) as she moves back to start grad school i would definitely be out with y'all. need to start putting some good miles on the bike.

Well, we had a nice, dusty ride. Only three bikes, mine, a DR650, and a well equipped R12GS.

There was some suggestion of an early October camp out out here in the middle of nowhere. Any interest?

Tom

well, i guess depending on the amount of non-road riding required for a camping trip, i could be up for that. i have no idea how the k11rs handles not on a road.

You guys are good; the pavement leads all the the way to our place. There are seven nice curves in the 5.5 miles between Hwy 50 and here. That may be a Kansas record!:D

Tom

October is too far away for me to do much planning for a specific weekend; I'm an impromptu kind of guy. You, however, are welcome to plan on coming down anytime you want. Just drop me a PM.

We are 5.5 miles West of Elmdale (Hwy 50) on Middle Creek Rd. Its a small white house in the middle of a bunch of trees surrounded by tall grass prairie. Ya can't miss it!

Tom

Cassoday

Rode down to Cassoday today would have bet there would be several thousand cycles with nice weather and what may be the last get together of the year but............. nothing ....maybe 200 bikes at 11:00 thats pushing it. I parked on the main drag usually cant walk through there.Would never have guessed that. A hand full of venders.

Sure fooled me ...Oh well, nice ride even with the wind:clap

The Toys For Tots ride was in Wichita today. Something like 5000 bikes, I heard.

Me, I headed to Mushroom Rocks State Park out by Kanopolis Lake via backroads. Rode right at 250 miles. The ride home was pretty much downwind,:thumb

Tom

Moved to Lenexa

I recently moved from CO to Lenexa, KS and I'm looking for information on the KC BMW club....anyone a member? I believe they have a monthly meeting on the 3rd or 4th Monday? I'd appreciate any information.

Also, what's the word on Engel BMW? I normally have a dealer do 90% of my wrench-work.

I guess I'll have to change my Coloradoclc moniker to something more appropriate Kansan! I'll give that some thought...you know, this is serious stuff!

Jeff

Welcome to Kansas, Jeff.

I can't help you with the club information, but as for Engles, I've had nothing but top-notch service from them. They took care of my K12RS and supply the parts for the GSPD.

Tom

Kcbmwmc

Welcome to the greater KC area. The local BMW Club does meet the 4th Monday of the month at Westport Flea Market. The meetings start at 7 PM and most come a little early to eat. We meet in the front room it should say reserved. Food is good, camaradarie is good and usually out by 8. Dues are a whopping $10.00 per year. Everyone introduces themselves each week and tells us what they ride. We have a mileage contest that starts December 15th, give out plaques at the Party which is every January. Next meeting is coming up next Monday the 23rd. Hope you can come. Pay now and it is good for next year too. We also have a rally the weekend after Memorial Day south of KC.

Thanks for the info

Everyone...thanks for the information. I will be attending the meeting this coming Monday, Nov 23rd. I look forward to participating.

Jeff

Back