• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Welcome to Kansas

Surprised I'm not familiar with any of you. I live in a small settlement named Piqua. We're east of Yates Ctr and west of Iola. Do any of you go to the LaCygne rally or to the Boxerworks Rally at Ken's near Queen Wilhemena Lodge in the Mtns of OK? Or how about the Bavarian Mtn Weekend in NM?

I am not a rally rat. Most of my riding is solo or with one of my sons. I try and hit little known roads and have a goal of riding every road in Kansas (paved), not counting city streets.

Surprised I'm not familiar with any of you. I live in a small settlement named Piqua. We're east of Yates Ctr and west of Iola. Do any of you go to the LaCygne rally or to the Boxerworks Rally at Ken's near Queen Wilhemena Lodge in the Mtns of OK? Or how about the Bavarian Mtn Weekend in NM?

Yes

Hi Raygun

Hi Ray how is the 650 I sold you back in the fall doing. I didn't make it to the rally in OK but I did go to Cassaday 3 times this summer. Went ahead and purchased one of those no mar tire machines, really does the job. I used the dyna beads and am pleased with the results. Thanks for the help. Larry

Made it to LaCygne year before last, but not '08. Haven't been to the others.

My previous ride was a K12RS. When I'd climb on it to go somewhere, it didn't seem like a real ride unless it lasted for 1000's of miles. Now that I have the GSPD and can take the unpaved paths, I'll be looking for places a little closer to home. Thanks for mentioning a couple of destinations.

As soon as I get my transmission and drive shaft back from the rework guys and get the bike back together, we'll have to get together.

Tom

Very interesting

I I find it very interesting that with Kansas suffering some level of rider disrespect that this thread has more replies then any other thread in the region. It might have something to say about the quality of the riders as well as the rides.

I have ridden the last two weekends. I wore my heated jacket but didn't plug it in because I didn't need the heat. I will ride A ROMEO ride (retired old motorcyclist eating out) this Wed.. I don't consider myself a Rounder but usually ride every month of the year.

Kansas!!!! The land of four seasons and you don't have to put your bike away for the winter. Harold in Kansas :)

It always kind of irks me when folk dis Kansas and Nebraska as boring places to ride.:banghead
I've ridden in many parts of each state over the last 30 years and have found many a wonderful, scenic ride!
I try to go to the Huskerrally each year held in Franklin Nebraska and usually take US 36 from Colorado up through NW Kansas and just love that ride!:dance

It always kind of irks me when folk dis Kansas and Nebraska as boring places to ride.:banghead
I've ridden in many parts of each state over the last 30 years and have found many a wonderful, scenic ride!
I try to go to the Huskerrally each year held in Franklin Nebraska and usually take US 36 from Colorado up through NW Kansas and just love that ride!:dance

I missed the Husker Rally in '08, but thoroughly enjoyed it the year before.:thumb

While riding in Kansas and Nebraska, I have been hot, cold, wet, tired, and wind-blown, but never bored! Riding and boring are mutually exclusive terms, IMO. If riders crossing the prairie would just get off the interstate, they would be surprised by what there is to see. Especially if they ride dual sport bikes.

Kansas isn't flat. Its just subtle; like our sense of humor.:wave

Tom

Piqua? Do you know the Lair's? Mary Alice?

I'm over here on the eastern coast of Kansas. I went out on Sunday and had a great ride in the hills of Kansas.

The WPA Guide to Kansas, published in 1939, has a great deal of info on some sights that make for great rides. I have thought of doing a German POW Camp ride. I know of three locations. Two still have the buildings the German soldiers were housed in.

The Huskerrally I mention in a previous post is held at a county fairgrounds that during WW2 was a German prisoner-of-war camp. Just a few sidewalks and pieces of foundation left but it gets your imagination going when your there.

Husker Rally

My friend and I have been talking about going to the husker rally in Franklin for a couple years but never have managed to go when the time came. I was on business some time back and drove through Franklin to check the town out. It is a very nice peacful little town , a good place for a rally like that. I am sure if we ever get around to going we will enjoy the setting and the rally. There are some attractions/things to do nearby also.
My friend and I also met one of the ROMEO riders a few years ago and invited us to join them we haven't done that yet either.

Meet up some time?

You know we should all ( Kansas area riders or anyone for that matter) try to meet at a destination in April or May .Cassoday? It would be nice to put faces with names.

What do ya think?:dunno :thumb

Sounds like a great idea to me. Cassody would work or for that matter anywhere else that is in the central part of the state. I'm game someone else decide when and where.

Dan Forker
R1200RT

"MARS to Ground Control"

Cassoday, about 30mi from me, is a fine meeting place. Or at least it will be, when I get the transmission and drive shaft back from rework and reinstalled.

There is a little hamburger/beer stop called The Hitchin' Post in Matfield Green, about 10 miles north of Cassoday on 177, that would work if we want to meet and eat. If anyone wants, they can camp out here in the middle of nowhere, and we can ride down to Cassoday together.

How many of us ride D/S bikes? It is a nice back road ride from here to Matfield.

Another possibility is the motorcycle museum in Marquette.:dunno

Tom

Hey, Phil! What the heck have you been up to? How's the new business and the RT doing?

Back