Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Help, please

You'd want to use Iso-Heet on an injected (or any) engine, will be maybe a couple bucks? Watch the dose, I don't think you'd want to use the whole bottle, esp on a less-than-full tank.
    Gilly
    87 K75S, bought new, now sold
    07 K1200GT Bought new, now traded in
    13 C650GT
    MOA 44606

jcridge
    Quote Originally Posted by 55960 View Post
    Thanks for the note, as a matter of fact I did change the rear seal on the engine and had to remove the transmition, also I disconeted some electrical items, I will be checking everything again, Thanks.
    Sounds like the answer will be in this reply....

Loading the Bike

Thanks..

Quote Originally Posted by JHGilbert View Post
    I think I'd throw a bottle of HEET into the tank. It's about a buck and may just solve your problem. It will also dissolves some of the gunk in your tank and injectors. If the HEET doesn't solve it, then do the plugs. Go to your favorite parts store and get a set of Bosch or get them to cross reference and find a set of cheap Champions (usually only a couple of bucks and work pretty good). If that doesn't solve it, then look at the Hall Effect sensor.

Always begin with the simple things first. You were thinking of the easy fixes when you bypassed the filter, but if there was water in the gas, it would have made it through the pump, along with any gunk in the tank, to the injectors and could still be gumming up the injectors. I don't ever run straight gas from the tank because of the accumulation of gunk.
    Guys, thank you very much for all your help, I got some HEET, put it in the tank and the engine runs perfect ! no more problems, thanks, see you down the road.
    Frank Zepeda.

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly View Post
    You'd want to use Iso-Heet on an injected (or any) engine, will be maybe a couple bucks? Watch the dose, I don't think you'd want to use the whole bottle, esp on a less-than-full tank.
    Gilly
    I'd like to hear the reason for IsoHEETt, which is Isopropanol, or Isopropyl alcohol. It is possible that it swells the rubber vibration damper less, but I don't know. Regular HEET is Ethanol and will hold more water in solution than Isopropanol. Isopropanol also produces a sooty flame when burned in open air, whereas Ethanol burns with a clean blue flame since it contains a higher percentage of oxygen per mole.

I do know that I haven't had any trouble so far with regular HEET or gas with ethanol. I did use an entire bottle in a tank, which would make the tank still less than 10% ethanol. My vibration damper was flexible, but showed no signs of swelling or disintegration.

Heet is Methanol not ethanol. Bad schtuff in general and fuel injectors in particular. Not that you'd want to run straight Isoprpyl through your injectors, but the isopropyl is better:
    http://www.goldeagle.com/heet/faqs_h...uct=HEET&ID=89

Gilly
    87 K75S, bought new, now sold
    07 K1200GT Bought new, now traded in
    13 C650GT
    MOA 44606

I checked it out and you're right...HEET is methanol. And again you're right methanol is known for being corrosive to certain metals and plastics. Gotta do some more research.