• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Zumo 450 GPS

2yoder1

I'm considering purchasing a Garmin 450 Zumo GPS,anybody have any experience with this unit.Thanks Ed

I'm moving this thread to the GEAR forum since it will find a larger audience there, and it isn't Hexhead specific.

I ordered one yesterday. If you do a search of this forum you'll find lots of good info. Key decision is whether or not you want the bells and whistles that the 550 offers or not (Bluetooth, XM and voice enhancements). I'm anxious to see how the Garmin provided mount works on my R12RT. These folks have the 450 for $319.00 http://www.compuplus.com.

I'm considering purchasing a Garmin 450 Zumo GPS,anybody have any experience with this unit.Thanks Ed

I have a 450 on my '04 RT. Mounted on the clutch M/C.
I really love this gizmo!
Easy to operate with gloves and is meant for the left hand to push buttons with the thumb.
You can put an SD card in it and carry more music than you need.
I didn't feel I needed the extras in the 550.

Plus, the tech support/customer service from Garmin is outstanding.
I bought my unit in September and it had the old map version in it. I spoke with the tech support guy and he sent me the '09 map update for free.

I purchased a Zumo 450 after having great luck with a 550. My son now has the 550 which has been trouble free.

The 450 suffers consistently from the BLACK SCREEN OF DEATH. It died 3 days ago on a trip and will not reboot. This is the 5th time in its six month history to have this happen, although previously it would restart after removing the battery. Looks like it gets a trip to Kansas for warranty work. Overall I am very dissapointed with the 450.

VERY PLEASED with the 550 which is almost two years old.

When it works it is great - until it craters - usually at an inopportune moment.

Hopefully you will have trouble free service if you elect to go with one.

Checkthe zumoforums.com for the latest info.

Happy trails

No more Zumo 440?
I was just browsing the U.S. Garmin site and noticed they no longer have the Zumo 450 on their website. Only the 550 shows up on the Motorcycle section. Maybe there will be better deals on the 450 out there.....

Back