Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 14 22 23 24

Thread: So You Served!!

TravelsWithBarley.com
    I was Navy, but had the honor of serving with Marines twice, first as a Corpsman with the 9th Marines, and later as a PA with the 2nd Marines. Between those bookends I served on the submarine Gurnard, then independent duty aboard cruiser Jouett and minesweeper Pluck. Instructor duty at IDC school was the only shore billet I didnít terminate early to get back to sea.

6F934627-1CD4-4DD4-8272-ACB37937330B.jpeg
    '18 R1200GSA for solo rides
    '12 R1200GSA with Hannigan sidecar for rides with Glenlivet

http://travelswithbarley.com/

Quote Originally Posted by glenfiddich View Post
    I was Navy, but had the honor of serving with Marines twice, first as a Corpsman with the 9th Marines, and later as a PA with the 2nd Marines. Between those bookends I served on the submarine Gurnard, then independent duty aboard cruiser Jouett and minesweeper Pluck. Instructor duty at IDC school was the only shore billet I didnít terminate early to get back to sea.

6F934627-1CD4-4DD4-8272-ACB37937330B.jpeg
    We Marines always appreciated the Corpsman. Thank you for watching over us Marines
    The lion does not even bother to turn his head when he hears the small dog barking.

https://www.youtube.com/user/azqkr

Quote Originally Posted by brownie0486 View Post
    We Marines always appreciated the Corpsman. Thank you for watching over us Marines
    We surely do! Thanks Doc!
    D. J. Meloche
    USMC (Ret)

"Got a $5 head? Get a $5 helmet!"

My birthday is 9/14 which was selected day #1 in the Viet Nam era draft lottery. Thanks to little league baseball injury requiring ankle be pinned back together, I was 1Y and didn't go.

In career, I worked in Military Liaison for DOE Nuclear Weapon Complex and thoroughly enjoyed all contacts with military as we worked together to provide official maintenance or retrofit manuals related to nuclear weapons, mostly Army in my assignments and mostly time pressured. The training and skill evident with all personnel contacted was really impressive. I've been to Picatinny and Hawthorne Arsenals, Redstone, and Patch Barracks (a super BMW dealer just outside the gate).

Not the same as serving obviously, but compliments are in order.
    Kent Christensen
    '12 R1200RT, '02 R1100S

Vietnam era RAMF. 71 to 74 active.... to 76 inactive.

Never stationed there but I got sent there a few times. Most of my time in Yongsan Seoul Korea. (It's gone now)

US Army MOS 71F20 Postal Clerk and Non-Specified MOS Document Courier.

BTW.... I was drafted/inducted on Pearl Harbor Day, December 7th. (Draft Lottery #89)
    Last edited by YeehaStephen; 11-10-2022 at 12:36 AM.
    Yeeha! Stephen
    R1200RS, R1250RT
    "Why eat a Burger when you can have Pie?!" Miss Vicki @ Lost Maples Cafe - Utopia Texas