• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

What are you listening to today?

Emerson Lake & Palmer

Echoing those thoughts, this is one of the songs I remember hearing a lot:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/N7zFTcUE1Mc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

ELP-Little Rock-Barton Coliseum

Good concert, very entertaining; around 1975. What I remember. Smoked a lot of weed back in the day. Emerson played a lot of moog synthesizers, keyboards. Palmer had a huge rotating elevated drum set and percussion ensemble. Lake looked a little pedestrian, he had a row of about 10 guitars behind him. Ah, the good old days. Chasing bands and concerts. Concert :dance Post Concert:hungover

RIP George Michael~ dead at 53.

Way back when MTV actually showed music videos the group Wham! was a big part of the video scene. The early eighties propelled Wham! to popularity with Michael's strong smooth voice to the top of the charts and later fueled a successful solo career for Michael.

Like many of popular entertainers, Michael had his ups and downs with the decisions and involvements in his life. I had recently been reminded about the group Wham! as the group was featured heavily in the movie Deadpool.

RIP~

OM

Not listening to just now....but two nights ago, a program came on TV called Classic Gospel. Not something i would normally listen too but... I was preparing supper so I just let it play till my hands were dry. A young woman [Joey Martin Feeks] sang a gospel song, then one not so gospel..........I stopped what I was doing and just listened.....WoW what a beautiful voice. After supper I googled her as I wanted to hear more. I found her music on line....but sadly, and I do mean sadly....also discovered that she passed away from cervical cancer just this past March at the young age of just 41.......that beautiful voice, silenced forever.

I hope this fits ?...in the thread...Give her a google....I believe you will enjoy............

R.I.P.....Joey

Not listening to just now....but two nights ago, a program came on TV called Classic Gospel. Not something i would normally listen too but... I was preparing supper so I just let it play till my hands were dry. A young woman [Joey Martin Feeks] sang a gospel song, then one not so gospel..........I stopped what I was doing and just listened.....WoW what a beautiful voice. After supper I googled her as I wanted to hear more. I found her music on line....but sadly, and I do mean sadly....also discovered that she passed away from cervical cancer just this past March at the young age of just 41.......that beautiful voice, silenced forever.

I hope this fits ?...in the thread...Give her a google....I believe you will enjoy............

R.I.P.....Joey

It's quite a story- really :cry

om

It's quite a story- really :cry
om

What a beautiful song!

At 70 years of age . . . with prostate cancer . . . I think about "going" a lot. Here's one of my favorite songs that talks about "going" . . .

Dave Carter died at 49 years of age from a heart attack. :cry

Kate Wolf was another great singer/song writer who died young. "Across The Great Divide" was one of her best songs. :cry

I don't want to make this thread sad. I think I will be around a while longer. And even if I'm not, I have had a great life so far. :)

I don't want to make this thread sad. I think I will be around a while longer. And even if I'm not, I have had a great life so far. :)

Music can certainly minister to a soul in need and both of those songs were great. We just celebrated the 13th anniversary of my youngest son's passing from this life to the next and these three songs we used at his celebration service still minister to us today. Can't wait to see you again Chad!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N_lrrq_opng

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vz7GiVGTIcM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1CBNE25rtnE

Back