• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

What are you listening to today?

You Asked For Different?

Now that's a bit different:laugh

Jackie Shane was just about the best there was (is) in true soul. A cross dressing and exceptional talent. Check out his, yes his, history and small but dynamic works.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/yUYW2iwimBw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

....ok, I'm really biased here. My son plays with a local R&B/Funk group called the Mellotones. This is a Halloween gig 2014. My boy is playing sax and has the tall hat. He got all the musical talent me thinks! Would be a great band for some MOA rally for sure!!

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/y4llbFHfFDE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Jackie Shane was just about the best there was (is) in true soul. A cross dressing and exceptional talent. Check out his, yes his, history and small but dynamic works.

Gad, we used to play this in my teenage band in the 60's, no horns though. :bow

I woke up one morning recently with this song playing in my head:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/9ePIZugahFc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I was born in NYC, grew up on LI, and worked in Manhattan one summer, so the music video connects with me. And what's not to like about 3 pretty girls prancing about singing a catchy tune?

Harry

I remember napping with Bananarama on the radio, late 70's prolly, maybe early 80's

Black Coffee

Spun up some Al Kooper today, a few tracks from Black Coffee. He's been around forever and played with an awful lot of big names but never seemed to get the upfront recognition he deserved. Here's a rather ragged recording of a live performance of a tune I swear he wrote for guys who were riding /5 and /6 in the 70s...

DG

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=BwawD33xpXc

Last edited:
Back