• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

What are you listening to today?

Classic Vinyl

Hey there Bruce!

My son wants me to dig out my tuntable so he can spin some classic vinyl. Instead, we located a modern one piece unit with built in speakers, CD player, mp3 hookup and BlueTooth receiver. Can't wait for Christmas and the opportunity to go retro with him! :laugh

For the little guy

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/hDi-meKFk6Y" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Duke Ellington Live at Newport Jazz Fest 1956.
The full, remastered, unedited version of both sets.

Bought the original mono vinyl recently then, doing some reading about it, found it was excerpted and heavily edited, including only a minor portion of the actual performance.

Duke was still working his big band at a time when most every other big band had died off. The closing set darn near caused a riot when a lady in an evening gown stood up in one of the box seats during Paul Gonzales' extended solo, and began to dance. The entire place kind of exploded. When the producer and very nervous police tried to get The Dukester to shut it down, he feigned a stop- but then kept on playing.

It cemented his place in history, restored him in the public eye, in fact, making him a household name! It relaunched his sagging career, carrying him for the remainder of his life.

Last edited:
Ya know, what does that guy have for breakfast, anyway?
(answer: anything he wants if and when he wakes up)

Malcolm Young....AC/DC 62 today
While the years have taken it's toll....

FWIW, Live at Donington is one of the most Dynamic concerts I've ever seen.

OM

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/AXlWLUYzF_U" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

The sound of the second stage heat running
And running
And running

It's all good, think I'll go chuck some snow.
Meh, maybe later.

As a teenager growing up I was ridiculed by everyone from my parents to my friends for liking the music of this guy and his band. The proverbial pronoun people were wrong as the often are. This was a nice cover by one of my favorite songs of his at the Kennedy center honors.

http://youtu.be/WyjwuoKJBs4

I've been rebuilding my music library this week. (Computer lost traction and took a serious crash!)

Lot's of great tunes I haven't heard in awhile. 50's 60's and 70's Classic Rock, Smooth Jazz, and 90's Country.

But wait.....oh no, what's this?

20150109_084031.jpg

No wonder my computer crashed! :laugh

Back