• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

What are you listening to today?

mae_db.jpg
That's a nice album cover.

So, what, no Rush for you Nathan? :laugh

I took a little stroll down Frank lane this afternoon (yes, I'm dating myself...)
racingmix_frank_zappa_01.jpg

My job requires me to listen to Aztec Two step today. Actually, Rex, (the Step on the right, your left) is a friend of the store and dropped off one of his guitars for me to set-up today so i through on one ot their albums for inspiration...

"You do the bakin and i'll do the makin'...."

Nothing like well played acoustic music for me.

Attachments

• Aztec two step.jpg
    Aztec two step.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 238
420088934_3CbUy-O.jpg

Seen Rush eight times back in my youth.
Before they were successful and definitely took some flack.
Geddy's voice is, after all, an acquired taste.
Is it just me or is he starting to look like a kitchen witch?
The latest show on cable (Palladium) was cool.
Anyone else have the B&W Ricky 4001 and the Ampeg SVT?
I was rockin' back then.

AWESOME!!Yes, Geddy's voice IS an acquired taste. The last several releases, he was somewhat lower in tone (as well as on his very good solo cd). But on Snakes and Arrows (their latest) he is back up in the 'high' range again. But, I have to say, S&N is a awesome release!

Glad you caught them early! :) I didn't till umm 1982? It was the Grace Under Pressure tour. Wow. Very impressed. Haven't missed a tour since, often multiple shows, but not always.

As someone already pointed out, Neil is a hard core RS rider.

The S&N live DVD is due out next week! :D

These guys just jam. They got caught caught up in mergers and take overs. I bought their first cd (this one) back when George H W Bush was president. They had a hit - Dizz Knee Land and it ROCKED! (they had a line 'I just flipped off President George' - (which I thought was ballsy)

So I bought the CD ~ wow - the whole disc just jams. Based on that, I bought their next CD, which was just as good, if not better. Hmm Bought the 3rd 4th .. SOLID. Went to find them on the web, and they had just decided to take a break. Guitarist has hand issues. Anyway, they started touring again and have released an live album and a EP. They all have solo projects. Anyway they jam. Buy this cd, buy it used. if you don't like it, I'll give ya your money back! (I have no affiliation with DADA at all, yada yada) www.dadatheband.com

They have some pretty profound lyrics. I always loved this one: "Can't this car go any faster .. .. Cuz I can still see where I am."

Attachments

• puzzle.jpg
    puzzle.jpg
    22.2 KB · Views: 247
These guys just jam. They got caught caught up in mergers and take overs. I bought their first cd (this one) back when George H W Bush was president. They had a hit - Dizz Knee Land and it ROCKED! (they had a line 'I just flipped off President George' - (which I thought was ballsy)

So I bought the CD ~ wow - the whole disc just jams. Based on that, I bought their next CD, which was just as good, if not better. Hmm Bought the 3rd 4th .. SOLID. Went to find them on the web, and they had just decided to take a break. Guitarist has hand issues. Anyway, they started touring again and have released an live album and a EP. They all have solo projects. Anyway they jam. Buy this cd, buy it used. if you don't like it, I'll give ya your money back! (I have no affiliation with DADA at all, yada yada) www.dadatheband.com

They have some pretty profound lyrics. I always loved this one: "Can't this car go any faster .. .. Cuz I can still see where I am."
Dada is a really great band. I worked at MTV in the 90s and a they got a lot of attention, even against the rising juggernauts of Eminem, Aguillera and Kid Rock.

After their break they put out "how to be found" and I caught them at the Knitting Factory in 04. Great show.

Dada is a really great band. I worked at MTV in the 90s and a they got a lot of attention, even against the rising juggernauts of Eminem, Aguillera and Kid Rock.

After their break they put out "how to be found" and I caught them at the Knitting Factory in 04. Great show.

^ X2

Yea, the guys put on a great show! When they started touring again, I went all over to see them. The last 2 years they played late Oct/Early Nov at the Coach house in San Juan Capistrano. Was always a good excuse to visit family out that way. This year that show is either just before or just after Christmas. Had thoughts of making my maiden tour on the RT to see it, but that's a little ambitious me thinks. They are going to be out in Philly for New Years, and Boston just after. That's closer to me, so
that's the plan so far.

Nice to hear from someone familiar with them! Thanks for the insight!!

Found this on youtube, this morning...

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/wCQBbgb_Lvo&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/wCQBbgb_Lvo&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Sirius Bluegrass when I'm at home near the TV, McCountry on the radio, old time string bands when I'm in the shop near the CD player.

Something very bad.
The remote control's battery just died.
And I'm feelin' the big lazy.

Back