Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 34

Thread: Ford vs Ferrari - The Movie!

  1. #1
    Mehrten
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Arizona, USA
    Posts
    186

    Ford vs Ferrari - The Movie!

    We watched Ford vs Ferrari yesterday afternoon.

    Wow!

    Even the extras on how the movie was made are most excellent!

    I my opinion this movie ranks right up there with On Any Sunday and the World's Fastest Indian.

    Really a great movie with all the good and the not-so-good that happened in that era.

    Worth a watch...

  2. #2
    skibum69 skibum69's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    New Melbourne, NL
    Posts
    1,128
    So you put up that thread and you don't give us a link?
    http://beerthief.ca
    ITSteve: ride in peace my friend
    save $5 on a new SmugMug account, use this coupon7frrnSRiTt9Fk

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by skibum69 View Post
    So you put up that thread and you don't give us a link?
    It is a movie. Twentyfirst Century Fox I think. As in movies in theaters and/or on television. It is on Amazon Prime.

    Here is one link to a trailer for the movie:

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3h9Z89U9ZA
    Paul Glaves - "Big Bend", Texas U.S.A
    "The greatest challenge to any thinker is stating the problem in a way that will allow a solution." - Bertrand Russell
    http://web.bigbend.net/~glaves/

  4. #4
    skibum69 skibum69's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    New Melbourne, NL
    Posts
    1,128
    Ok, I like the trailer. Thanks for that.
    http://beerthief.ca
    ITSteve: ride in peace my friend
    save $5 on a new SmugMug account, use this coupon7frrnSRiTt9Fk

  5. #5
    Mehrten
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Arizona, USA
    Posts
    186
    Quote Originally Posted by skibum69 View Post
    So you put up that thread and you don't give us a link?
    Sorry, I didn't know that a link to a movie was required.

    Try google and you'll find all kinds of links to Ford vs Ferrari.

    It's easy...

  6. #6
    New_AlaBeemer HSVPhil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    Rocket City, AL
    Posts
    158
    Quote Originally Posted by mehrten View Post
    Sorry, I didn't know that a link to a movie was required.

    Try google and you'll find all kinds of links to Ford vs Ferrari.

    It's easy...
    It's a Geezer thing; must be thinking everything's on the InterWeb by now.
    SURELY?


    I asked U to stop calling me Shirley...

  7. #7
    '14 R1200 GS Adv bigjohnsd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Location
    Black Hills, SD
    Posts
    67
    I enjoyed the movie, didn't think Damon looked like Shelby at all, acted like him though.

    Not sure it is the "Best Picture" caliber but definitely a worthwhile watch on a snowy evening.

    Movie and a Bag of Popcorn - $21 I about $hit
    The only dumb question is the unasked question - Anonymous

    Eat every Ham Sandwich like it is your last Ham Sandwich! - Anonymous

  8. #8
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Cooperstown NY
    Posts
    361
    Quote Originally Posted by HSVPhil View Post
    It's a Geezer thing; must be thinking everything's on the InterWeb by now.
    SURELY?


    I asked U to stop calling me Shirley...
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ixljWVyPby0

    as long as we're there:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xlDXQdgx_QU

  9. #9
    Debbie's Servant Lee's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    SW Iowa
    Posts
    6,793
    Quote Originally Posted by rick601 View Post
    Lee
    2016 R1200RS
    MOA # 30878
    Past BMW Bikes: 2011 K1300S, 2003 K1200RS, 1991 K75S, 1987 K75T, 1984 R100RT

  10. #10
    Registered User Moto316's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Posts
    130
    If you liked the movie, then you should watch "The 24 Hour War". It's a documentary of the same subject with great footage from the races and interviews with the guys who were there. Mario Andretti, Dan Gurney, Carrol Shelby, Pierre Ferrari and many more. It's on Netflix and Amazon Prime if you have one of those. This is a preview clip.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=csFnDoXQKvg

  11. #11
    Debbie's Servant Lee's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    SW Iowa
    Posts
    6,793
    Quote Originally Posted by mehrten View Post
    We watched Ford vs Ferrari yesterday afternoon.

    Wow!

    ...
    We saw it a couple weeks ago and really liked it.

    The best movie we've seen this winter is Just Mercy.

    So far this winter we have seen
    Richard Jewel
    Dark Waters
    A beautiful Day In The Neighborhood
    Ford Vs Ferrari
    Midway
    The Current War
    Little Women
    1917
    Just Mercy

    Not a bad one in the list.
    Lee
    2016 R1200RS
    MOA # 30878
    Past BMW Bikes: 2011 K1300S, 2003 K1200RS, 1991 K75S, 1987 K75T, 1984 R100RT

  12. #12
    Registered User powwow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Bend, OR
    Posts
    455
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    We saw it a couple weeks ago and really liked it.

    The best movie we've seen this winter is Just Mercy.

    So far this winter we have seen
    Richard Jewel
    Dark Waters
    A beautiful Day In The Neighborhood
    Ford Vs Ferrari
    Midway
    The Current War
    Little Women
    1917
    Just Mercy

    Not a bad one in the list.
    Looks like you missed Knives Out...hilarious, great movie.
    Larry Gregerson; Bend, OR
    MOA #93031

  13. #13
    Dances With Sheep GREGFEELER's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Boise, ID
    Posts
    3,343
    Quote Originally Posted by Moto316 View Post
    If you liked the movie, then you should watch "The 24 Hour War". It's a documentary of the same subject with great footage from the races and interviews with the guys who were there. Mario Andretti, Dan Gurney, Carrol Shelby, Pierre Ferrari and many more. It's on Netflix and Amazon Prime if you have one of those. This is a preview clip.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=csFnDoXQKvg
    I second this suggestion. "The 24 Hour War" is a great documentary of this famous contest which I hope proves to be a great background movie to watch before "Ford vs. Ferrari". Also good is "Shelby American" - the story of Carrol Shelby and his racing teams. Both are on Netflix. Those were exciting times for motor heads.
    Greg Feeler
    Ambassador & amateur K-Bike collector, it seems
    1972 R75/5, 1990 K75, 1990 K1, 1992 K75S, 2003 K1200RS

  14. #14
    Debbie's Servant Lee's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    SW Iowa
    Posts
    6,793
    Quote Originally Posted by powwow View Post
    Looks like you missed Knives Out...hilarious, great movie.
    We skipped it because the trailer we saw at the theater made it look like a horror movie.
    Lee
    2016 R1200RS
    MOA # 30878
    Past BMW Bikes: 2011 K1300S, 2003 K1200RS, 1991 K75S, 1987 K75T, 1984 R100RT

  15. #15
    Debbie's Servant Lee's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    SW Iowa
    Posts
    6,793
    Quote Originally Posted by GREGFEELER View Post
    I second this suggestion. "The 24 Hour War" is a great documentary of this famous contest which I hope proves to be a great background movie to watch before "Ford vs. Ferrari". Also good is "Shelby American" - the story of Carrol Shelby and his racing teams. Both are on Netflix. Those were exciting times for motor heads.
    Thanks, I added those to my netflix list.
    Lee
    2016 R1200RS
    MOA # 30878
    Past BMW Bikes: 2011 K1300S, 2003 K1200RS, 1991 K75S, 1987 K75T, 1984 R100RT

Similar Threads

  1. Ford GT sighting
    By henzilla in forum Campfire
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 03-05-2019, 01:39 AM
  2. A Ferrari engine mated with a BMW gearbox
    By miairhead in forum Motorrad
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-16-2012, 12:34 AM
  3. ford dashboard
    By ISAMEMON in forum Straight 6 K1600 GT/GTL/B
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 10-12-2010, 02:33 PM
  4. ferrari motorcycle design
    By 35634 in forum Campfire
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 09-27-2008, 03:20 PM
  5. How to crack up a Ferrari
    By The_Veg in forum Campfire
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 02-25-2006, 05:02 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •